Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 13, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #20,626 of 36,116
Does the acrylic build up sweat/dirt/wax over time as well?

I bought a CIEM cleaning kit for when mine arrives, how often should I be using it and is it even recommended to use those in the first place?

Does the sound quality slowly diminish over the years due to wax buildup etc

Just curious!

Check them to see how often you get wax in the holes. Just clean them on a reg basis its just like taking care of anything you own.

Jun 13, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #20,628 of 36,116
Let's just say he wasn't talking about IEMs

Oh...

I get it now..

tongue.gif

Jun 13, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #20,629 of 36,116
The major issue with silicone is moisture. Silicone does not allow the ear to breathe. Reflect on a bandaid, when u pull it off the skin is moist. Same thing with silicone, leave it in the ear long enough, the ear becomes a sauna, not a great environment for electronics.

The ealier silicones (another mfg) didnt have sockets, and the cable ran directly into the silicone. That system, allowed a pathway of moisture into the silicone housing, which would eventually kill the internal components.

Our silicone ciems have sockets, i wouldnt say due to sockets, all problems have been resolved. The sauna effect can harm dampers and drivers as well.

Yes, that's my biggest beef with silicone customs. Okay, my ears tend to get sweaty way too easily. I think I'd just damage every silicone IEM after a short while. Besides, I hate that semi-sticky (gooey?) feeling. Acrylic all the way. 
smile.gif

Jun 13, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #20,632 of 36,116

Yes, that's my biggest beef with silicone customs. Okay, my ears tend to get sweaty way too easily. I think I'd just damage every silicone IEM after a short while. Besides, I hate that semi-sticky (gooey?) feeling. Acrylic all the way. 
smile.gif

I've had a silicone ciem for awhile now (not noble) and they've been fairly indestructable (I'm sure wata could do a number on them).  I'm non too gentle with things as it is, but it seems my left ear is more sensitive to the silicone than the right right is and ends up with sweaty ear syndrome which isn't fun.

Jun 13, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #20,633 of 36,116
You know what would be amazing? A new Noble product. A cable with built in dac/amp for iPhone lightning connection, like Audeze's Cipher cable. Brilliant idea. Maybe I could be a product development manager at Noble. :p  

Check out this post:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/808852/the-future-of-fiios-amp-dac-written-on-the-day-when-fiio-passed-the-mfi-certification-program/15#post_12649008

Jun 13, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #20,634 of 36,116
  I've had a silicone ciem for awhile now (not noble) and they've been fairly indestructable (I'm sure wata could do a number on them).  I'm non too gentle with things as it is, but it seems my left ear is more sensitive to the silicone than the right right is and ends up with sweaty ear syndrome which isn't fun.

Send them over for testing, I promise to do my best.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 13, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #20,635 of 36,116
Check out this post:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/808852/the-future-of-fiios-amp-dac-written-on-the-day-when-fiio-passed-the-mfi-certification-program/15#post_12649008

Thanks, looks very interesting.

Jun 14, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #20,638 of 36,116
Dulce Bass seems like it would put a big grin on my face every time I'd listen to it, in the same vein as TH900 does. I'm really tempted to order one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back