Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jan 4, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #1,172 of 36,116

Just when I start getting tired of the same ol' K10 design being used (presumably by request) repeatedly, you come up with something like this and remind me of the breadth of what you all are capable of. A new personal favorite, on my part! 
beerchug.gif

Jan 5, 2014 at 1:00 AM Post #1,173 of 36,116
  You do have to struggle a bit. One time they attached rapidly for me, the other times I've had difficulty.  The red is easier because it's a firmer (rigid core) silicone... Alas having tested all  the tips I've settled on the blue as the best so keep wrestling. 
evil_smiley.gif

The best you say? Ok, i will have to give them another chance then.

Short answer, not really 
o2smile.gif
… Long answer, you might try stretching them a little with a pair of pliers, reversing the outer part so that the blue tube sticks out, closing it until it forms a kind of line, then start from one side of the IEM's nozzle and struggle until it gets on… it IS doable (though not much fun, to tell the truth
wink_face.gif
)

I though so.
frown.gif

Using pliers sounds a little risky. I would be a bit scared of scrathing my IEMs.

Yeah, and those red cores add more girth so they don't work in my ears. The small size is like a medium... too big.

Yeah well, despite that i got a great seal with the biggest of the red ones, they are not very comfy to say the least. I think they might be just a tiny bit too big for my ears, but the medium ones does not provide me with a good enough seal. 
frown.gif

Squeeze the blue ones into an oval shape. Angle it and get one end below the ridge. I can't remember what exactly I did next but I either got the opposite side over the lip next and then wiggled it until the edges got on or I then got the edges on then got the opposite end over. Regardless you can do it without having to stretch anything.

I think that was pretty much what i ended up doing. Maybe i just wasn't patient enough (probably not). I will have to give it another try soon.

Sounds like you just need a bigger hammer.

Well. Almost everything... 
biggrin.gif

Jan 5, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #1,174 of 36,116

I just love that pounded gold Noble logo!

If i should ever choose to go down the road of customs, that would definitely have to be a part of the design. It is very unlikely to happen though, unless someone donated around $1599. Then i would have to go for the K10s! In fact, make that $1899. Wizard design all the way! 
cool.gif

Jan 5, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #1,175 of 36,116
  Squeeze the blue ones into an oval shape. Angle it and get one end below the ridge. I can't remember what exactly I did next but I either got the opposite side over the lip next and then wiggled it until the edges got on or I then got the edges on then got the opposite end over. Regardless you can do it without having to stretch anything.

Yeah, that, JackDiesel described it much better than I did.

Using pliers sounds a little risky. I would be a bit scared of scrathing my IEMs.

No no, DON'T use the pliers near the IEMs 
smile.gif
… What I meant is, you may try to stretch the blue canal, on the part that will fit the IEM's nozzle, BEFORE doing the other things I suggested (reversing, then squeeze and do the other things JackDiesel suggested)… stretching it gently, about 10%-20% (you should NOT go to 50-100% - like making the blue canal twice as large), does help, making the blue part a bit more supple and somewhat easier to get over the other side and grab the other lip.

Jan 5, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #1,176 of 36,116
  The blue set (with the bar running through it) are softer than the red set and my preffered set as well.  The blue set sit tighter on the IEMs, and I use a pair of needle-nose pliers to stretch them and apply them to the ear canal portion of the IEM...   a little drastic, but it works.

Due to the fact it is a tight fit, I know with confidence they will stay on the IEMs even under some what hostile conditions.

^^^ see that too, if it helps making things clearer

Jan 5, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #1,177 of 36,116

Yeah, that, JackDiesel described it much better than I did.

No no, DON'T use the pliers near the IEMs 
smile.gif
… What I meant is, you may try to stretch the blue canal, on the part that will fit the IEM's nozzle, BEFORE doing the other things I suggested (reversing, then squeeze and do the other things JackDiesel suggested)… stretching it gently, about 10%-20% (you should NOT go to 50-100% - like making the blue canal twice as large), does help, making the blue part a bit more supple and somewhat easier to get over the other side and grab the other lip.

Ah, my bad. Right, i think i got it. 
smile.gif

Jan 5, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #1,178 of 36,116
You put the eartip nozzle over the pointy end of the pliers and gently open the handles to stretch the eartip a bit so it fits over the IEM nozzle. No pliers used on or near the IEM, just the silicon eartip BEFORE installing it on nozzle by hand (only).

Jan 5, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #1,180 of 36,116
If you live in Las Vegas or are traveling there this week, we encourage you to stop by the Flamingo Hotel (section Red Rock VII) to demo Fong Audio's Out Of Your Head software with the full range of Noble IEMs/CIEMs. There will also be a prototype, top secret, Russian
cool.gif
 electrostatic DAC/AMP available for demo as well as lots of other head-fi gear.

Compensatory CIEM photos for reading the above:

Jan 5, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #1,182 of 36,116
BEAUTIFUL

makes me want to get another Noble IEM but I already have the K10 :c

Anyhoo I'm still listening to this bad boy and the bass has tamed out and now the highs are shining thru. Amazing. Truly Amazing.

Jan 5, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #1,185 of 36,116
  Whoa
eek.gif
Those. Are. Awesome!

What is the faceplate material?

The material is made of "unobtainium." I found it in a cave behind a waterfall deep in the heart of the Mountains of Wu Jr Shan. I had to WIng Suit in to the heart of the jungle to avoid radar detection....  naturally I feared for my life, but the result was well worth it.
wink_face.gif

Im glad to hear u like your K10's, in fact we are all in a state of glee.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back