Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 27, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #9,331 of 36,116
  Wow, that shorts picture is disturbing yet impressive at the same time. Anyways a shame the BTS battery doesn't last longer, but I guess I'll just charge it up during my lunch break to make it through the last bit of the day at work. 

Has to be a trade-off of weight versus duration. Too heavy and it doesn't work as a pendant. Too light and it doesn't last long enough. I'm guessing this was an active discussion with John and team. Cheers 

Mar 27, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #9,332 of 36,116
Not to detract from the product annoucements, but I just got my Noble 4C's in and they're f'ing awesome.  Fit is superb (I anticipate no refits or anything).  I'd post pictures, but I chose not to go with a Wizard design and just got a solid red shell/face.  Even without a Wizard design, I think they look great.  

My primary motives for getting a CIEM were comfort and sound quality.  I wanted quality sound in an IEM that I could sleep in.  While the 4C is a little more bulky than I expected, I can comfortably lie on my side without the discomfort I was getting from universals.  And well, the sound quality is fantastic.  Check out |joker|'s review on the headphone list of the 4S for a proper review.  The rest of you guys can keep your K10's :p I got everything I wanted in the 4C for less than half the price haha.

Any tips on getting these things out of my ears?  I have pretty straight ear canals so they're easy for me to slip in, but I'm having difficulty getting a good grip on them to pull them out.  They're so smooth.  

Mar 27, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #9,333 of 36,116
  Not to detract from the product annoucements, but I just got my Noble 4C's in and they're f'ing awesome.  Fit is superb (I anticipate no refits or anything).  I'd post pictures, but I chose not to go with a Wizard design and just got a solid red shell/face.  Even without a Wizard design, I think they look great.  

My primary motives for getting a CIEM were comfort and sound quality.  I wanted quality sound in an IEM that I could sleep in.  While the 4C is a little more bulky than I expected, I can comfortably lie on my side without the discomfort I was getting from universals.  And well, the sound quality is fantastic.  Check out |joker|'s review on the headphone list of the 4S for a proper review.  The rest of you guys can keep your K10's :p I got everything I wanted in the 4C for less than half the price haha.

Any tips on getting these things out of my ears?  I have pretty straight ear canals so they're easy for me to slip in, but I'm having difficulty getting a good grip on them to pull them out.  They're so smooth.  

If you hit the left side of your head with a hammer, the right side pops right out, same for the left. Don't say I didn't warn you, doing this trick may cause slight discomfort. As for half the price of the K10, you also got less than half the drivers.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 27, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #9,334 of 36,116

Congrats!  I use thumb and forefinger, grip the middle edges of the ciem and slightly twist forward as you pull out.

Mar 27, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #9,335 of 36,116

If you hit the left side of your head with a hammer, the right side pops right out, same for the left. Don't say I didn't warn you, doing this trick may cause slight discomfort. As for half the price of the K10, you also got less than half the drivers.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Would you recommend rubber mallet or standard claw hammer?

Mar 27, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #9,337 of 36,116

Try lifting underneath with your thumb.

Mar 27, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #9,338 of 36,116
So again, kudos to the good Dr. and Brannan for carving out white space.

The BT flexibility with customs is a sound offering and probably one I will pick up for yard work and exactly the Scenario the Dr. described. I.e. hanging out of the trunk of a car to install speakers scenarios.  I have FOCAL and JW12W6 with parametric EQ and the full bit in my car.  Good sound must be available at all times regardless the cost...life is tooooooooo short.

This is not a negative but more a reality for me.  When on a plane or sitting in my office, I want a cable out of my K10 to plug straight into my HUGO for max sound quality.  I feel lucky we can have portability option and fidelity option all from Noble. 

Keep up the great work!  

One request- no more muffin top photos.  I might need to seek help to erase that disturbing image from my brain.  Yuck!

Mar 29, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #9,341 of 36,116
Got a pictures of my K10 from my dealer, saying that its on its way. I ordered  and paid for a Wizard reprint.

Here is the reprint picture I sent to my dealer (and to Brannan). The picture is from Noble Facebook page.

Not looking at the 'wood' area, can you guys see what is missing in mine?

Mar 29, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #9,345 of 36,116

The star dust on the front plate. I loved it and as soon as my wife saw it, she loved it too. I sent them email already and let's see what they say.

Do you mean on the black part of the wooden faceplate? It could just be the angle that the photo was taken at making it look different. The bottom photo has a bit of a haze to it that may make it appear different. You clearly have gold flakes in the shell, but I honestly don't see anything missing that resembles stardust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back