Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 23, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #8,641 of 36,126

I had a set of tips for the UE900 that I found fit a few different IEMs I was auditioning (I have never actually had UE900 IEMs).

If I remember right I paid $20 online for a set of lrg/med/sml tips from the UE site.

At first glance they don't look like they would fit the K10U, but they do stretch a bit to fit the diameter perfectly.

Thanks, I've been using foams for so long.  I'm still looking for a silicone tip, so far the ones that came with my Roxys seem to work best.  

Feb 23, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #8,643 of 36,126
I used to love my tri-flange with my ety er4p's.  I don't have comfort issues with anything I try (Tried out all of the Noble tips and Comply T500), but nothing really wows me.  I guess the next option is to just go K10 CIEM.

Feb 23, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #8,644 of 36,126

Thanks, I've been using foams for so long.  I'm still looking for a silicone tip, so far the ones that came with my Roxys seem to work best.  

The UE's are a great silicone tip. The best I have ever used fit-wise.

Even better than the tri-flange I use with my Westone's.

Not the best picture (from my phone), but it gives you an idea of how the UE tips look.

Feb 23, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #8,645 of 36,126
Got my K10U on Saturday.
Oh!!! I thought they were a disaster at first after trying all the stock tips.
The T500's transformed them.

It's 04.36 in the morning UK time.
I'be just got up for a listen. Bliss.
Bliss, Bliss, Bliss.

Selling the Roxanne's.
Maybe.

Feb 24, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #8,646 of 36,126
The UE's are a great silicone tip. The best I have ever used fit-wise.

Even better than the tri-flange I use with my Westone's.

Not the best picture (from my phone), but it gives you an idea of how the UE tips look.

You have got the one and only red k10U ?

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Feb 24, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #8,647 of 36,126
You have got the one and only red k10U ?

I guess? I did not realize they were unique.

I just know they sound amazing. Kudos to you and the team.

Feb 24, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #8,650 of 36,126
  Great summary! I'll add one more thing. With universals you can share with others.

Of course this can be both a good and bad thing. Good that others will be able to hear what you are going to be raving about. Bad that they might want to borrow them! 

Agreed! It's one thing to rave about the sound to someone, but it's another thing altogether when they are able to experience the good stuff for themselves.

For a long time, my wife was reluctant to try anything but budget IEMs owing to both price and comfort (her ear canals are really small). However, over time, and with incessant nagging from yours truly, she finally ventured into mid/high-end IEMs and boy, was it a thrill to see the look on her face when she hit the jackpot on her first really good pair of TOTL IEMs. It was an epiphany on her part, as she well and truly understood the "sheer magnificence" of a truly top class earphone. Big words, but those were hers. 
wink.gif
 And now, she's a convert, chasing her own pair of customs. She's still hesitant about the cost, but she's no longer wary about the benefits.

Anyway, it'll be nice to share and help others realize the advantages of climbing the audio ladder. You don't always need to spend top dollar to get the best sound. However, I believe almost anything is better than the many Earpods and Samsung earphones that are plugged into the many ears you see everywhere.

Well said. I've always went the universal route mainly due to the added cost and time (I'm a want it yesterday dude when I really want something).  Plus, with universals you can share your enjoyment with whom every you like. 

I've never really had "comfort" issues with the universals I've had over the years...UE, Shure, Westone...Now JH Roxy and Noble K10U. I believe most of the challenge here is finding the right tips that give you comfort for the sound you like to hear.  Once you do you are set!  

Agree on the sharing part. 
smile.gif

You're real lucky with universals. My ears don't seem to be all that friendly with them. Half an hour tops, and I'll need a break.

Feb 24, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #8,651 of 36,126

I listen to my K10U's for 8-10 hours a day, it is all about finding the right tips for comfort & signature. The Noble tips would hurt after a few hours, & in the end I had to adapt a 3rd party set of tips.

Now I am able to enjoy the universals to their fullest. If you need to, test as many tips as needed, it will be well worth your time.

Yeah, I agree. Some tips hurt more than others, even if they are similarly sized. From testing, my ears are most comfortable with foam tips similar to the ones provided by Westone (the grey ones).

Still, ever since I went with my CIEM, I've grown used to the comfort level of a well made custom. I often take long bus rides home (1.5 hours), so this is when most of my IEMs get the bulk of the listening time. It's just wonderful to get a nice seat, with my earphones plugged in, music's playing, and simply relax. Nice therapy after a long day's work.

Not me. If they're fitted correctly the acrylics just disappear IMO. Don't even notice they're there.

For some reason, the stems on my K10 are a little longer than my other CIEMs. It was a little uncomfortable at first, but I've grown used to this now. They are also easier to insert - no twisting needed. But yeah, once they're in, they disappear. It's all sound. Brilliant!

Feb 24, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #8,653 of 36,126

Feb 24, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #8,655 of 36,126
  I am going to go on record and state that, BLUE is the best color in the world, have a nice day.

The absolute best color, ever, by far!!!! 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back