Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 12, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #24,931 of 36,066
I've been a Noble Audio fan since I got my pair of Djangos in July of last year.

It's still a blur...but this happened to me at Canjam Sg today.

I was at the booth on both days slightly later in the evening and sadly didn't get to meet Dr John, maybe next year. Just my luck and tardiness. 
Nonetheless, I was thoroughly blown away by the Encores...and the free pair of Wizard design Sages most definitely closed the deal.
So, here I am much poorer and much happier. Just wanted to thank Noble Audio and the team for creating such wonderful products and giving myself and many here I'm sure hours of listening pleasure.

I also wanted to commend Noble on iterating their cables...I've been through 3 revisions of Noble cables and all of them improved on the previous. You guys have pretty much nailed it with the current cable...especially dropping the memory wire for the flexible and soft heat shrink portion. Not to mention the little metal y-split just adds that premium touch to it. Definitely one of the most manageable and comfortable iem cables I've used.

Mar 12, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #24,932 of 36,066
  I've been a Noble Audio fan since I got my pair of Djangos in July of last year.

I was at the booth on both days slightly later in the evening and sadly didn't get to meet Dr John, maybe next year. Just my luck and tardiness. 
Nonetheless, I was thoroughly blown away by the Encores...and the free pair of Wizard design Sages most definitely closed the deal.
So, here I am much poorer and much happier. Just wanted to thank Noble Audio and the team for creating such wonderful products and giving myself and many here I'm sure hours of listening pleasure.

I also wanted to commend Noble on iterating their cables...I've been through 3 revisions of Noble cables and all of them improved on the previous. You guys have pretty much nailed it with the current cable...especially dropping the memory wire for the flexible and soft heat shrink portion. Not to mention the little metal y-split just adds that premium touch to it. Definitely one of the most manageable and comfortable iem cables I've used.

Id probably be interested in buying the Djangos off you for the right price if you would be interested...

Mar 12, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #24,933 of 36,066

Bummed I didn't get to meet you :frowning2:

But it is good to see you liked the Encores

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Mar 12, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #24,935 of 36,066

Envy on such good deal. How I wish I can find time to go down. I will be getting my Encore soon (maybe today) even if there is no free Sages Wizard, is worth it after I demo CA Vega and Andromeda. I even like my Noble 6 better than Vega and Andromeda. I do like the Andromeda when I'm listening to classical, but they lack of something when I listen rock or even metal (is like they are too dry).

If Djangos is an improve version of Noble 6, I think it is still worth to keep it (at least I will be keeping my Noble 6). I think all Noble line up compliment each other very nicely.

Mar 12, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #24,936 of 36,066
Bummed I didn't get to meet you
frown.gif

But it is good to see you liked the Encores

There's always next time, I hope you had a good show and enjoyed yourself.

Of all the things I tested, the Encores are far and above most of the other offerings even at higher price points. Even my non-audiophile friends had good things to say...if I may quote , "There's absolutely no f**kery with these earphones...stop messing about and just get these" & "I can hear the air between the instruments". 

Envy on such good deal. How I wish I can find time to go down. I will be getting my Encore soon (maybe today) even if there is no free Sages Wizard, is worth it after I demo CA Vega and Andromeda. I even like my Noble 6 better than Vega and Andromeda. I do like the Andromeda when I'm listening to classical, but they lack of something when I listen rock or even metal (is like they are too dry).

If Djangos is an improve version of Noble 6, I think it is still worth to keep it (at least I will be keeping my Noble 6). I think all Noble line up compliment each other very nicely.

Agreed. Although I should sell them to keep the bank account above negative, I'm having a hard time with the idea of losing the Djangos. The Encore's don't really replace them...just a different offering. The Djangos offer a very nice kick back and listen every day all the time kind of experience.

I remember when I bought the Djangos, I picked them over the original K10U because as I remember, they had a very similar sound signature...and I couldn't justify (or afford) the extra money for the little bit of refinement. The Encores on the other hand seem quite a few notches above the Djangos in terms of detail retrieval and tightness, and the signature is closer to flat but still super engaging.

Mar 12, 2017 at 11:26 PM Post #24,937 of 36,066
  There's always next time, I hope you had a good show and enjoyed yourself.

Of all the things I tested, the Encores are far and above most of the other offerings even at higher price points. Even my non-audiophile friends had good things to say...if I may quote , "There's absolutely no f**kery with these earphones...stop messing about and just get these" & "I can hear the air between the instruments". 

Agreed. Although I should sell them to keep the bank account above negative, I'm having a hard time with the idea of losing the Djangos. The Encore's don't really replace them...just a different offering. The Djangos offer a very nice kick back and listen every day all the time kind of experience.

I remember when I bought the Djangos, I picked them over the original K10U because as I remember, they had a very similar sound signature...and I couldn't justify (or afford) the extra money for the little bit of refinement. The Encores on the other hand seem quite a few notches above the Djangos in terms of detail retrieval and tightness, and the signature is closer to flat but still super engaging.

As I said previously, if you can find the will to separate from your Djangos, Id probably be happy to oblige.  Ill be at CanJam SoCal, so hopefully Ill get to hear them and the Encores there.  My Dulce Basses come tomorrow, super excited to hear them, Ill be writing a review for sure.

Mar 13, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #24,939 of 36,066
just got my wiz sage at canjam sg, and directly ordered an ares 2+ to go with it

Mar 13, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #24,940 of 36,066
Wow, Noble's booth was very packed during CanJam SG, and I was initially bummed when I didn't see John around. Still, I saw him later during the day, and I had a nice chat with him. A really friendly guy, and certainly a passionate individual who knows exactly what he wants, and how to achieve it. Great meeting you, @FullCircIe
smile.gif

Mar 13, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #24,941 of 36,066

Sad wallet.. but happy ears? 
wink.gif

Mar 13, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #24,942 of 36,066
The treble on these Encores is something special. It might be the standout of the tuning. They are right at the border of being fatiguing, but have yet to cross that threshold. It's the brightest, most detailed highs I've heard, beside the LCD-2.

Mar 13, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #24,944 of 36,066
I thought the lcd2s were considered to be a dark headphone?

It depends on which year you buy it. The later models, with Fazor, have some very sparkly, engaging highs.

Mar 13, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #24,945 of 36,066
Wow, Noble's booth was very packed during CanJam SG, and I was initially bummed when I didn't see John around. Still, I saw him later during the day, and I had a nice chat with him. A really friendly guy, and certainly a passionate individual who knows exactly what he wants, and how to achieve it. Great meeting you, @FullCircIe
:smile:

The highlight of the event held last year, for me, was meeting head fi members, it was also the highlight of the show this year!

I had a great time talking to you and others.

Next stop, Indonesia :)

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back