Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Oct 24, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #22,876 of 36,110
Did I miss a post stating when the Sage is gonna be officially released? Couldn't seem to find one mentioned.

I don't think you did, John did mention something about all the parts being at the assembly facility, or something along those lines. I imagine that's also for the K10E.

Oct 24, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #22,882 of 36,110
Been there and Google was hoping for someone that actually used to get there Nobles with.

I understand, when I was looking for mine I just called for prices, once I found mine at $50 a set it was an easy choice. Mine does impressions every day for hearing aids etc, so its no different for what we are using the impression for.

Oct 24, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #22,883 of 36,110
I understand, when I was looking for mine I just called for prices, once I found mine at $50 a set it was an easy choice. Mine does impressions every day for hearing aids etc, so its no different for what we are using the impression for.

Yes and no

The deal is, there are different types of hearing aids, so impressions can be taken to reflect a particular style of hearing aid.

Ciems, one would ask for open mouth impressions taken for a full shell hearing aid/ear plugs or ciem (procedure would be the same for all three products)

Not to mention, due to hearing aid tech advancements, full shell impressions is a little rare, so it wouldn't hurt to explain why u want impressions and supply photos etc etc

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Oct 25, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #22,884 of 36,110
Yes and no

The deal is, there are different types of hearing aids, so impressions can be taken to reflect a particular style of hearing aid.

Ciems, one would ask for open mouth impressions taken for a full shell hearing aid/ear plugs or ciem (procedure would be the same for all three products)

Not to mention, due to hearing aid tech advancements, full shell impressions is a little rare, so it wouldn't hurt to explain why u want impressions and supply photos etc etc

I did tell her what they were for and also had the instructions for her also. As for open mouth, mine has never used a bite block or had me do strictly open mouth. She has however never just done one and done for me, always felt unhappy with some of them and made another. I did find it funny when I saw the package of the material with Westone on it.

Oct 25, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #22,885 of 36,110
Oct 25, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #22,886 of 36,110

I did tell her what they were for and also had the instructions for her also. As for open mouth, mine has never used a bite block or had me do strictly open mouth. She has however never just done one and done for me, always felt unhappy with some of them and made another. I did find it funny when I saw the package of the material with Westone on it.

When I had mine done a few months back just went to a local audiologist/hearing centre to get impressions done. Took the instructions with me from the Noble website and gave them that. Obviously not a common request as the guy seemed surprised with what I was doing them for and at how much I was paying. In terms of the impression, didn't use a bite block, just how it would normally rest, so a little bit open. No problem with fit for me and nice seal, maybe got lucky who knows.  
After reading thishttp://www.head-fi.org/t/578855/things-to-consider-before-getting-your-custom-iem-impressions-done-the-perfect-fit I got more nervous?Think I should get the print out from Noble on impressions and go-to a audiologist that does hearing aids and a few ciems. But you got your k10 with $50 audioglist that was the cheapest and did hearing aids every day. The decisions the choices.......

edit for this one. I read that thread too and had me really worried about getting impressions done and whether the fit would be ok. I followed most of it, but in the end most important is to sit jaw how you'll be listening and not to move too much. 
Also seems like the longest 5 minutes of your life sitting there waiting and you can't even swallow or anything like one normally would

Oct 25, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #22,887 of 36,110
THE NEW K10 "KAISER ENCORE"

Oct 25, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #22,889 of 36,110
After reading thishttp://www.head-fi.org/t/578855/things-to-consider-before-getting-your-custom-iem-impressions-done-the-perfect-fit I got more nervous?Think I should get the print out from Noble on impressions and go-to a audiologist that does hearing aids and a few ciems. But you got your k10 with $50 audioglist that was the cheapest and did hearing aids every day. The decisions the choices.......

I had complete confidence in her without any referrals from someone getting them done for CIEM's. I told her what they were for, she has heard of them and with the instructions I like to think most of them will do a fine job. Is it a perfect world, of course not, but its not like they are doing heart surgery, they are squirting stuff into your ear. Follow the instructions take your time understand what they are for is about all we can hope for. Call some of them in your area, talk with them, let them insure you they understand and then go for it. I have watched people do them at CanJam, I couldn't tell you if they were audiologists or not, but even I could learn how to do impressions.

Oct 25, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #22,890 of 36,110

I had complete confidence in her without any referrals from someone getting them done for CIEM's. I told her what they were for, she has heard of them and with the instructions I like to think most of them will do a fine job. Is it a perfect world, of course not, but its not like they are doing heart surgery, they are squirting stuff into your ear. Follow the instructions take your time understand what they are for is about all we can hope for. Call some of them in your area, talk with them, let them insure you they understand and then go for it. I have watched people do them at CanJam, I couldn't tell you if they were audiologists or not, but even I could learn how to do impressions.

After getting mine done I really feel that, with the proper quality material, I could have done my own

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back