Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 7, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #20,506 of 36,066
I do always carry my Mojo with me so might give them a bit of a test before my impressions. Judging from what other people with W60s have said it is a similar sound signature but just more detailed and extended in high and low frequency so I have very little doubt that I won't like them.

I wasn't expecting it to hurt but I don't think I would ever let anyone syringed my ears. My dad had that once and they popped his ear drum and it got infected; from what he said it was one of the most excruciating pains he has ever had and it lasted over a month, pass thanks!

You won't have any kind of problem with an experienced audiologist.

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #20,507 of 36,066
I do always carry my Mojo with me so might give them a bit of a test before my impressions. Judging from what other people with W60s have said it is a similar sound signature but just more detailed and extended in high and low frequency so I have very little doubt that I won't like them.

I wasn't expecting it to hurt but I don't think I would ever let anyone syringed my ears. My dad had that once and they popped his ear drum and it got infected; from what he said it was one of the most excruciating pains he has ever had and it lasted over a month, pass thanks!

Oh gosh!

Don't let that horror story scare you. An experienced professional audiologist who have done impressions many times is basically a 0 risk. Its painless, quick and easy.

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #20,509 of 36,066
Oh gosh!

Don't let that horror story scare you. An experienced professional audiologist who have done impressions many times is basically a 0 risk. Its painless, quick and easy.

I am not really worried tbh. Just to clarify, my dad had his ear drum popped during syringe cleaning not having impressions made so the process is rather different, hence the lack of concern. Even if it was the same, looking at Gisele's clientèle I think it is safe to say she knows what she is doing.

Looking forward to it more than anything, always fun/interesting trying new things.

Do any of you have any recommendations on ear preparation before the appointment like not wearing headphones for a certain amount of time before or something?

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #20,510 of 36,066
I am not really worried tbh. Just to clarify, my dad had his ear drum popped during syringe cleaning not having impressions made so the process is rather different, hence the lack of concern. Even if it was the same, looking at Gisele's clientèle I think it is safe to say she knows what she is doing.

Looking forward to it more than anything, always fun/interesting trying new things.

Do any of you have any recommendations on ear preparation before the appointment like not wearing headphones for a certain amount of time before or something?

Listening to headphones wont misshapen your canals or anything so I think the only thing recommended is to have them somewhat clean, because if they are unnaturally dirty she will have to clean them first. Q-tips are a no no usually and most audiologists will tell you not to use them but just lightly cleaning with one this time wont hurt imo. BUT what I went with (and still use monthly) is the elephant ear washer on amazon. You can get it for like $20 I think.

Realistically though you probably don't have to do any preparation beforehand.. this is just if you wanted to be extra safe.

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #20,511 of 36,066
I just received my K10U and there's no sound coming out of the right earphone. Anybody else have this issue? Is there a fix?

Make sure the 2-pin connectors are fully inserted in the iems. The fit can be very tight, and if not completely inserted, there won't be sound on that side. Also see if you have the 3.5 mm plug full inserted. If it is not making good contact in the Jack, you might not hear one of the channels. This can happen sometimes when using a cell phone that has a thick cover.

Jun 7, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #20,512 of 36,066
Make sure the 2-pin connectors are fully inserted in the iems. The fit can be very tight, and if not completely inserted, there won't be sound on that side. Also see if you have the 3.5 mm plug full inserted. If it is not making good contact in the Jack, you might not hear one of the channels. This can happen sometimes when using a cell phone that has a thick cover.

Thank you, I apparently received a faulty cable and they are overnighting me a new one. The situation is far from ideal but my emails were answered very quickly and I'm satisfied with the customer service.

Jun 7, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #20,514 of 36,066
Thank you, I apparently received a faulty cable and they are overnighting me a new one. The situation is far from ideal but my emails were answered very quickly and I'm satisfied with the customer service.

It doesn't happen too often, but I've had faulty cables before (not from Noble). Hopefully you'll be enjoying your new iems soon!

Chances are that you will get a balanced cable soon...

Jun 7, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #20,515 of 36,066
Listening to headphones wont misshapen your canals or anything so I think the only thing recommended is to have them somewhat clean, because if they are unnaturally dirty she will have to clean them first. Q-tips are a no no usually and most audiologists will tell you not to use them but just lightly cleaning with one this time wont hurt imo. BUT what I went with (and still use monthly) is the elephant ear washer on amazon. You can get it for like $20 I think.

Realistically though you probably don't have to do any preparation beforehand.. this is just if you wanted to be extra safe.

Cool, thanks for the advice.

Jun 7, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #20,516 of 36,066
I borrowed a Chord Hugo from a friend and have been listening to it feed my K10 all day at work. I shouldn't have done that.

giphy.gif

Damn this place.

Great GIF. Before dropping that kind of cash, you really owe it to yourself to give the Mojo a listen. It's nearly four times less expensive and you may even prefer it's sound signature over the Hugo. Considering the potential savings...

Jun 7, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #20,517 of 36,066
Great GIF. Before dropping that kind of cash, you really owe it to yourself to give the Mojo a listen. It's nearly four times less expensive and you may even prefer it's sound signature over the Hugo. Considering the potential savings...

True and as Russ Ballard would say "It's only money ain't it funny when you want it you ain't got it"! Of course some of us would not be here except that "God gave rock-n-roll to you" (Us)
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Jun 7, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #20,518 of 36,066

Cool, thanks for the advice.

I wouldn't do anything. Gisele is qualified and has the equipment to do any necessary cleaning. I know that she said to me. Don't put anything smaller than your elbow in your ears. Unless she made it! :wink:

Jun 7, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #20,519 of 36,066
I wouldn't do anything. Gisele is qualified and has the equipment to do any necessary cleaning. I know that she said to me. Don't put anything smaller than your elbow in your ears. Unless she made it!
wink.gif

I used to be a heathen and used Q-Tips... You will be glad to hear I am now a reformed man 
tongue.gif
. Makes the family guy episode with ear sex a bit of a faux pas though! (anyway should probably stop all this OT talk before we get told off!)

Jun 7, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #20,520 of 36,066

I had Hugo and have Mojo, certainly prefer Mojo.

One of my favourite new artists is Zara Larsson... Her voice is really good and she's so lovely and cute.
smile_phones.gif
I applaud Sweden, a small country with so many talented musicians, their education system is really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back