Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
May 25, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #20,251 of 36,115
  Just finished catching up on this thread...

So cool to see a lot of happy new owners and even cooler to see that the new lineup is shipping - I'm looking forward to reading your impressions, folks!

Had some down time at work today, perfect for catching up:

Didn't want to take the K10 out of my ears just to snap this photo, imagine them at the other end of that Linum cable 
wink.gif

By the way, the AK players are totally awesome for Noble IEMs. Best UI (by far) of all the audiophile players, support for just about every conceivable format out there and they'll double as USB dacs. Only downside is the substantial price tag. However, I do 95% of my listening at my desk, so I'm starting to think that maybe I need a Hugo in my life... The AK sounds fantastic, but the Hugo sounds real. Truly addictive sound, but it's divorce-inducingly expensive, honestly a bit ugly and it still needs a source to feed it. Decisions, decisions, decisions... 

Welcome to head-fi, you must be new.
beerchug.gif

Wata would apologize for the emptiness of your wallet, but he is going to buy all of us new Noble's when he wins the next lottery.  So IAG.  :)

May 25, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #20,252 of 36,115

Wata would apologize for the emptiness of your wallet, but he is going to buy all of us new Noble's when he wins the next lottery.  So IAG.  :)

No winner yesterday, so the mega millions is at $218 million. Bad karma again with the tickets I bought today, repeat mega numbers.
frown.gif

May 25, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #20,253 of 36,115
I've been spoiled by K10U's extraordinarily beautiful sound... The sound is so moving, so beautiful, lovely like a Victoria's Secret angel... I'd like to thank Wizard and the Noble team for creating one of the best audio products on the market and the best IEM I've ever heard. This is a bargain when you think how much better it is than other IEMs.

Do you guys know a full size headphone that sounds similar and has a similar sound quality?..

May 25, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #20,254 of 36,115
I've been spoiled by K10U's extraordinarily beautiful sound... The sound is so moving, so beautiful, lovely like a Victoria's Secret angel... I'd like to thank Wizard and the Noble team for creating one of the best audio products on the market and the best IEM I've ever heard. This is a bargain when you think how much better it is than other IEMs.

Do you guys know a full size headphone that sounds similar and has a similar sound quality?..

The closest to the K10 I've heard from a full size can is probably the LCD2v2.

May 25, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #20,255 of 36,115
  Just finished catching up on this thread...

So cool to see a lot of happy new owners and even cooler to see that the new lineup is shipping - I'm looking forward to reading your impressions, folks!

Had some down time at work today, perfect for catching up:

Didn't want to take the K10 out of my ears just to snap this photo, imagine them at the other end of that Linum cable 
wink.gif

By the way, the AK players are totally awesome for Noble IEMs. Best UI (by far) of all the audiophile players, support for just about every conceivable format out there and they'll double as USB dacs. Only downside is the substantial price tag. However, I do 95% of my listening at my desk, so I'm starting to think that maybe I need a Hugo in my life... The AK sounds fantastic, but the Hugo sounds real. Truly addictive sound, but it's divorce-inducingly expensive, honestly a bit ugly and it still needs a source to feed it. Decisions, decisions, decisions... 

You need a Hugo!  
wink_face.gif

May 25, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #20,256 of 36,115

No winner yesterday, so the mega millions is at $218 million. Bad karma again with the tickets I bought today, repeat mega numbers.
frown.gif

C'mon!  My new K10's aren't building themselves over there in China.

May 25, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #20,260 of 36,115
Originally Posted by Sorensiim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And the lack of support for any apps, streaming, third-party players, etc etc. AK DAPs have quality, but no value, and are not nearly light years ahead in sound as is often hyped. I'm loving my Sony ZX2, but if I were buying a DAP today, would probably have gone with the Onkyo DP-X1.

On the other hand, the Hugo is amazing. I realized how much I count on it when travelling on assignment for several weeks and I accidentally forgot my charger. Got so used to listening with Hugo, everything sounded worse without it. If it's at all a possibility, get it. But the Mojo is probably not too far away in terms of quality, that would work with a desktop as well.

Finally, since you mentioned the "divorce-inducing" price, reminded me of a recent question heard at my home: "So how much does this colourful wheel thing cost?" 
tongue.gif

May 26, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #20,262 of 36,115
And the lack of support for any apps, streaming, third-party players, etc etc. AK DAPs have quality, but no value, and are not nearly light years ahead in sound as is often hyped. I'm loving my Sony ZX2, but if I were buying a DAP today, would probably have gone with the Onkyo DP-X1.

On the other hand, the Hugo is amazing. I realized how much I count on it when travelling on assignment for several weeks and I accidentally forgot my charger. Got so used to listening with Hugo, everything sounded worse without it. If it's at all a possibility, get it. But the Mojo is probably not too far away in terms of quality, that would work with a desktop as well

I think the AK players are still the only ones to get great sound quality, great build quality and a great UI "just right" in the same package. Of I want to listen to Spotify at my desk, I just tap the button that turns my DAP into a DAC.

But let's be honest here, the AK240 should have been sold at HALF the price!

May 26, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #20,263 of 36,115
A portable player that doesn't stream is of no interest to me. Plus at the price of the AK I would expect it to sound wonderful without needing an external DAC.

May 26, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #20,264 of 36,115
A portable player that doesn't stream is of no interest to me. Plus at the price of the AK I would expect it to sound wonderful without needing an external DAC.

Agreed. Streaming is a must-have feature these days. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back