Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Apr 24, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #19,801 of 36,066
Apr 24, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #19,803 of 36,066
  I have decided to sum up CanJam with one image, and some text, sup Brannan.

Nice picture! I wonder who took it....
biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #19,806 of 36,066
biggrin.gif

Some dude who followed us to dinner, even sat right next to me. 
beerchug.gif
 I wonder if he will stalk me at T.H.E Show Newport, it makes me feel special. Of course assuming the dude sitting on his butt in the picture wants to do it. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 24, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #19,807 of 36,066

biggrin.gif

Some dude who followed us to dinner, even sat right next to me. 
beerchug.gif
 I wonder if he will stalk me at T.H.E Show Newport, it makes me feel special. Of course assuming the dude sitting on his butt in the picture wants to do it. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

I am guessing you will be down one stalker...Axpona was awesome though....

Apr 24, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #19,809 of 36,066
Hard to believe, how far things have come

I thank u folks for your support, and the assistance at shows

The shows are awesome, and fun for me, I could do them every day. I feel bad for Brannan, his butt must have gotten really sore. 
very_evil_smiley.gif
 Plenty more to come John, the road is long and we will get you to the end.

Apr 24, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #19,811 of 36,066
  I have decided to sum up CanJam with one image, and some text, sup Brannan.

That picture is too funny.  Your legacy continues.

Apr 24, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #19,813 of 36,066
Why does most companies usually go with BA drivers only for their TOTL Ciem / Uiem?  I know there are a few exception TOTL that are Hybrid like Aurisonics and AAW.  But most companies tend to go with just BA drivers only for their TOTL like Noble K10 here.
Is there a reason? thx.  

Apr 24, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #19,814 of 36,066
  Why does most companies usually go with BA drivers only for their TOTL Ciem / Uiem?  I know there are a few exception TOTL that are Hybrid like Aurisonics and AAW.  But most companies tend to go with just BA drivers only for their TOTL like Noble K10 here.
Is there a reason? thx.  

My guess is that dynamic drivers generally can take up too much space, which limits the number of BA drivers you can use, and the crossovers between dynamic and BA's on hybrids are tricky to maintain a cohesive sq.  But that's just my guess.

Apr 24, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #19,815 of 36,066
Originally Posted by jincuteguy 

Is there a reason? thx.

Originally Posted by fiascogarcia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My guess is that dynamic drivers generally can take up too much space, which limits the number of BA drivers you can use, and the crossovers between dynamic and BA's on hybrids are tricky to maintain a cohesive sq.  But that's just my guess.

I built myself a set of CIEMs (to tide me over until I can save up enough for K10s) with 2 balanced armature drivers & 1 dynamic driver, & the dynamic can definitely eat up the real estate, depending on how you house it. I do love the low end dynamics provide though.

I'm in the process of building another set, but will house the dynamic differently, which should only use 1/3-1/2 the space.

When getting into the higher driver counts I can only imagine how much harder it is to shoehorn everything in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back