Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 1, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #1,876 of 36,111
Feb 1, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #1,877 of 36,111
  It probably means that there is conclusive evidence that Heir was trying to smear/sabotage Noble, but I'm guessing this won't be up for further discussion on head-fi. It sure is interesting, though...

I suspect the smear campaign thread and raid may be only part of the story. I'm assuming, for example, that after the mods deleted the thread they probably at least gave Heir the chance to explain themselves. My guess is that something behind the scenes may have happened as well.

Feb 1, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #1,878 of 36,111
Respectfully, I don't think this discussion serves the best interests of this thread, or, indeed, those of Noble.

Do you think we could drop it and move on, please?

(no dig at anyone, just requesting that we move on)

Feb 1, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #1,882 of 36,111
Back to the topic of artwork - something I haven't yet seen on a CIEM is inlaid holograms. That could look pretty cool, but I don't know if the thickness of the acrylic faceplate might spoil the hologram effect, due to refracting the ambient light.

These are crummy examples, quickly grabbed from google images, but you get the general idea:

Feb 1, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #1,883 of 36,111
I made a new cable for the K10, now I want a set of clear/silver ciems to match 
biggrin.gif

28 AWG multistrand SPC from PlusSound, very soft and surprisingly light, good for long-term comfort. NOTHING can compare to the Noble Cable when it comes to flexibility though...

Feb 1, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #1,884 of 36,111
  I made a new cable for the K10, now I want a set of clear/silver ciems to match 
biggrin.gif

28 AWG multistrand SPC from PlusSound, very soft and surprisingly light, good for long-term comfort. NOTHING can compare to the Noble Cable when it comes to flexibility though...

Nice work! Is that a barrel from a Neutrik plug being used as a splitter? Sneaky!

Feb 1, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #1,888 of 36,111

Nice work! Is that a barrel from a Neutrik plug being used as a splitter? Sneaky!

Thanks man! Yup, took a rotating steel brush to it and it works great as a cinch:

That's a very nice looking cable Soren! Also have you been rolling the op amps for the PB2 yet?

That is a beautiful cable indeed soren... The jealousy is high here...

Thanks guys! Have installed a combo of buffers and opamps from the kit that comes with the PB2 and just kinda stuck to that setup. I have ordered a topkit from Hiflight though 
smile.gif

Back to Noble - Have anyone gotten a clear/silver set of ciems yet? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back