Noble 3 IEM
Jan 8, 2015 at 7:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 110

MrNick

100+ Head-Fier
I have officially jumped on to the Drooling-Over-Noble Audio-Bandwagon. I am at a loss for impressions on Noble's entry IEM, the Noble 3. Should anyone have toured these units for any amount of time please post your thoughts here - even better, compare them to other IEM's within the $250-450 range. Thoughts on either version (universal or "3c") are much appreciated. I plan on purchasing the Noble 3 Universals within a few months, but I'd like to know a little more of what I'm getting into if I can help it. 

Here is the only comprehensive review I can find:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/noble-audio-3c/reviews/10393

And here it is briefly thrown in the ring against the JH5, a highly reputable IEM of which I haven't had a listen:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/breaking-mold-survey-entry-level-custom-ear-monitors

All the best

Feb 9, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #3 of 110
Unfortunately the only reviews I know of are those I posted above. I still can't find any on the Noble 3 universals. I've decided to take the plunge when I have the money, which should be within about a month, so ~6 weeks until they're in my hands. But then there is the asg-b coming out soon enough as well...hopefully my wallet won't be able to stretch enough for the both of them, otherwise I might just have to try them both!

Feb 9, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #5 of 110
The supra may have a more flat or balanced signature it seems based on the only review here on head-fi. Noble has been said to focus on a more "consumers friendly," v-shaped sound in the noble 3. I ruled the supra out for its reported focus on high-bass, which I can stand, certainly for a more full-bodied mid-range, but prefer low bass to go to 10,000 leagues beneath the sea. Please let me know how your purchasing journey ends when that is as I'm still very interested in the "customs universal" fit and such.

Feb 26, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #8 of 110
Seems like the journey for iems in this price bracket has ended. After a few days of touring the Noble3 Universals I've decided to keep them, with glee. I will post my full impressions within the next few days here. Initial impressions on fit and sound signature:

Build: Wonderful. Plastic and light. No better or worse than ie80, better than im70.

Fit: Great. My girlfriend has tiny earholes, mine being about normal, and they fit us both well. Tips matter, seal is very important as with all in ears.

Sound: Refined, clear, not overpowering nor overwhelming, but enveloping. These iems will make what the track offers sound beautiful. They will not color the music. Great for rap, electronic, jazz, classical, rock...almost anything. Can't tell the bass is there until the track calls for it.

Drivability: Very sensitive, more on this later.

Mar 2, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #9 of 110
Sub'd- I am interested in your findings as well.  I was looking at some CIEM JH5's but am waiting for customs until I develop a "need" for CIEM's.  I had looked at the UE900's yet came accross these just browsing, and as stated earlier there is not much info / reviews available at this time.

Mar 3, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #10 of 110
@hifistarter ,
Is there anything in particular you are curious about? I am still about a week out on my full impressions. It was only last night I finally seemed to wrap my head around what these units have to offer. I own/owned ATH im70, Senn ie80/ie8, ATH m50, Denon D2000, Shure se215, Monster turbine/pro gold/Pearl, and of course an assortment of Skullcandy's and a pair of Beats. These are my first pair of balanced armatures. Let me know if you have any questions if you are planning to pull the trigger on the JH5's or the UE900 soon.

Mar 4, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #12 of 110
I have purchased the Noble3 Universal version, NOT the customs. I couldn't find one review on the universals upon scouring the internet, hence the creation of this thread.

Mar 9, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #13 of 110
I have purchased the Noble3 Universal version, NOT the customs. I couldn't find one review on the universals upon scouring the internet, hence the creation of this thread.

Very interested in your full review. I'm debating getting the 3C and would love another opinion. What type of music do you normally listen too?

Mar 11, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #14 of 110
Very interested in your full review. I'm debating getting the 3C and would love another opinion. What type of music do you normally listen too?

Mainly, I've been listening to jazz, electronic, classical, and r&b, but also some orchestral and movie scores (the latter sounding wonderful through the 3U I might add). I will roll out the review in a day or two here, but at this point I recommend them over the ie80, chiefly for their technical abilities, but for almost any other aspect as well. They are ever-so-gently v-shaped as the website promises, though I honestly couldn't deduce that until I put on more bass-reliant tracks. On the whole, I do find them balanced and neutral. At $350 ($450 for the customs) I think they are priced very competitively. 

Mar 11, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #15 of 110

Awesome! That sounds a lot like what I'm looking for, something fun with good bass for electronic tracks but nothing crazy and unbalanced. Sounds like a good all arounder which, coming from my HD650's that's what I'm looking for. I look forward to the full review, and yours very well may push me over the edge into ordering them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back