No Shame on Audeze!!! Buyer needn't beware.
Feb 3, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #106 of 293
There is an extreme amount of risk in starting a business these days which is why so many (I believe the majority) fail within the first 5 years. I respect anyone having the courage and passion to do so. It's easier for the most part to just work for someone else and let them worry about cracking the monthly nut and motivating the employees. Mix in introducing and refining a relatively new product and technology on the fly and  you have a recipe for an awful lot of sleepless nights.  Especially when any glitch hits the internet in micro seconds forcing you to make complicated decisions more quickly than you might desire.  Patience isn't exactly what it used to be...

I think with Audeze you had (from what I've read) two guys with a passion for audio who had that aforementioned courage to start their new venture and have by most accounts done an exemplary job of building a company from scratch that had a global reputation and reach within 3 or 4 years. Pretty impressive and not easy to do without encountering at least some growing pains.  I know that I for one am certainly glad they did assume that risk and am more than willing to give them time to work out any kinks.  I figured that out within about the first 10 minutes I spent listening to my LCD3's...

Feb 3, 2015 at 11:03 PM Post #107 of 293
So out of curiosity, it's not a three year warranty from the original owner's purchase date, but one that is constantly updated to three years every time a new person buys those original headphones?

Transferable warranty to me means from the original owner's date of purchase (proven with a receipt) and the remainder of that warranty gets transferred owner. Like a VERY lot of things in life.

Just curious.

Feb 3, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #108 of 293
So out of curiosity, it's not a three year warranty from the original owner's purchase date, but one that is constantly updated to three years every time a new person buys those original headphones?

Transferable warranty to me means from the original owner's date of purchase (proven with a receipt) and the remainder of that warranty gets transferred owner. Like a VERY lot of things in life.

Just curious.

scratch yer first sentence. nah.

Feb 3, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #109 of 293
My understanding based on Audeze's reply to this forum earlier today is that the 3 year warranty is always from the date of original manufacture regardless of how many times the warranty is transferred  however if the drivers fail and are replaced under warranty the new drivers are covered under warranty for an additional three years and so on and so forth.

One of the other forumites indicated that he also understood it to be that Audeze would examine failed drivers on out of warranty units on a case by case basis and if they were deemed to have failed due to manufacturing defect would probably cover those under warranty as well but i'd suggest  clarifying that with Audeze if that possibility is a concern. 

Feb 3, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #110 of 293
Gonna say, no way. That just wouldn't make business sense at all. Maybe I misread some posts. Three years on a mechanical part doesn't seem all that bad to me… $800 though, a bit much.

Edit: ah, on the replaced drivers makes more sense.

Feb 3, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #111 of 293
  Pre-order EL-8 with 300$ down payment for early bird price. If price for repair is 800$ in US, it will be worst in my country.

I will check this thread regularly. If there is no policy on international market within next week, I will discuss with shop to cancel order and by some thing else. WA7tp+Alpha Dog will be a better solution for me.

I know of many people around the world who have sent gear to Audeze under warranty. I am certain the warranty is not based on where you live. I don't know what that dealer is doing, but....are they doing reparis there, or for 1 year they will handle the shipping to and from audeze?

Simply email or call Audeze and ask them. The only issue with being out of the USA and using their warranty is the shipping costs being so much higher.

In terms of the $800, they have already stated that they are revisiting that. Don't give up, nothing else will sound like what you can get from them, and it looks very much as though they are continuing to stand firmly behind their products. 

i also asked about the worldwide policy a couple hours after audeze post. The local distributors as far as i know is authorized by Audeze.

I dont know why where i'm at they only give one year policy though. Now with your reply regarding just send it to the US and bear the shipping cost, it doesn't always work that way. I have a grado headphone that went bad, I e-mailed grado US, and grado US redirect me to the Asia distributor. Asia distributor then again redirects me to the local distributor, the local distributor then refused to fix my grado because the shipping cost to Asia distributor would not be worth it.

And then i'm stuck with a broken Grado that doesn't work. I had the exact same experience with Shure.

I'll gladly send it to US if i have to, but if i'm going to get ping-pong all over Asia to get a warranty, i won't get an Audeze.

Feb 3, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #112 of 293

Pre-order EL-8 with 300$ down payment for early bird price. If price for repair is 800$ in US, it will be worst in my country.

I will check this thread regularly. If there is no policy on international market within next week, I will discuss with shop to cancel order and by some thing else. WA7tp+Alpha Dog will be a better solution for me.

I know of many people around the world who have sent gear to Audeze under warranty. I am certain the warranty is not based on where you live. I don't know what that dealer is doing, but....are they doing reparis there, or for 1 year they will handle the shipping to and from audeze?

Simply email or call Audeze and ask them. The only issue with being out of the USA and using their warranty is the shipping costs being so much higher.

In terms of the $800, they have already stated that they are revisiting that. Don't give up, nothing else will sound like what you can get from them, and it looks very much as though they are continuing to stand firmly behind their products. 

i also asked about the worldwide policy a couple hours after audeze post. The local distributors as far as i know is authorized by Audeze.

I dont know why where i'm at they only give one year policy though. Now with your reply regarding just send it to the US and bear the shipping cost, it doesn't always work that way. I have a grado headphone that went bad, I e-mailed grado US, and grado US redirect me to the Asia distributor. Asia distributor then again redirects me to the local distributor, the local distributor then refused to fix my grado because the shipping cost to Asia distributor would not be worth it.

And then i'm stuck with a broken Grado that doesn't work. I had the exact same experience with Shure.

I'll gladly send it to US if i have to, but if i'm going to get ping-pong all over Asia to get a warranty, i won't get an Audeze.

wow. that is the pits.

btw, did you reach back out to Grado directly and tell them the situation after you got the run-around from local distributor?

Feb 4, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #113 of 293

wow. that is the pits.

btw, did you reach back out to Grado directly and tell them the situation after you got the run-around from local distributor?

Grado is very good within the US. But outside the US they protect their authorized distributors very much. That can goes 2 ways, the good one is that it protects the line of where grado can be obtained and thus protecting the authorized distributors profitability. Grado Asia distributor is in Singapore. I don't live in Singapore and each countries that isn't Singapore has their own distributor of the distributor. And in my country they just don't care that much about my particular grado cans because it was bought in mid-2000, and they only start being grado distributor from 2014.

The same thing happened with Shure. Even far, far, far worse. I say grado is still a positive experience by comparison.

There's a difference between owning a $250 headphone with a $1000 headphone though. I don't want to expect a $1000 headphone to fail over 1 year but less than 3 years.

Feb 4, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #114 of 293
Sorry to hear that. It seems that my LCD-X drivers were also prone to fail - and they actually failed in only two weeks after purchase!
basshead.gif
 Luckily they can still be returned for full refund.

And I wrote:
"My LCD-X did not always perform perfectly. Sure, for a while it had been an all-round champion. Lately, when connected to any of my digital sources, it produced a sound which was much duller than ever, like a time bomb finally denoted. And again it lost its stereo balance. Maybe it will recover, maybe it will not - I have lost my patience."

Feb 4, 2015 at 1:42 AM Post #115 of 293
  Not an owner of any Audeze product, but have been interested in a used LCD 2.2 or LCD X.
This just killed the mood...

To be honest, this is quite suprising to hear that from such a 'reputable' company.

They are pretty great sounding when they are functional, if you know what I mean. 
tongue.gif

Feb 4, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #116 of 293
  So glad I went with HifiMan instead (HE-560 instead of EL-8 or LCD-2). Dr. Fang seems to really care about his customers.

LOL, good one. 

I've never seen Audeze treat people in an open forum the way Dr Fang did when the HE-400s had a massive failure rate upon initial launch. 

Feb 4, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #118 of 293
I don't wish to derail this thread any further, but i hope Audeze will take a closer look at the XCs and the travel cases that come with them. I posted the same thing on the XC thread. In spite of everything i'm super happy with the new pair of XCs that i received today! :D

"Well, after a few weeks of waiting i've finally grabbed an ideal pair of XCs :) However, i will mention that Audeze should improve or otherwise supervise their quality control a bit more. I returned the used pair i originally bought to the owner because of a few defects (pictures were posted a few pages back), and thought i'd pony up a little more money to buy a new pair to avoid such issues. Unfortunately, the new pair i bought also had similar issues and i had to return it for another pair. Luckily, this one was fine :) Maybe i was just unlucky or perhaps there was something Audeze overlooked?

Another thing i'd like to mention to current Audeze LCD-XC owners is to check the foam pad in the travel case. In the previous two travel cases that housed the Audeze LCD-XC and were eventually returned, i noticed a blotch of hardened glue residue that could potentially scratch or gouge the wooden cup. It was specifically on the right side for both cases. The used pair i originally bought unfortunately came with a deep gouge because of it. The travel case that came today with the XCs is fine."

Feb 4, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #119 of 293

Please see Audeze response to this issue on page 6!

Audeze addressed the warranty  issue raised in this thread immediately, and with re assurance that 3 year warranty, and maybe the cost, if any,  after warranty period are case by case.

From what I read, if for some reason you put a fork through the element after the warranty period,  you are on your own. Seems fair, yes? If it is agreed to be a defect, and not caused by misuse by owner, warranty is much more flexible. 

Another important point.  You are European, and concerned with waranty period. Your location, and country distributor is of NO concern for  Audeze owners, I had to contact Audeze while in Asia, and while in Europe, it is all the same for Audeze! I can attest to that. Shipping cost maybe different, but this really has nothing to with Audeze.

Audeze never insisted that I should go  through my retailer, or distributor. Many companies insist on that, not Audeze, and that is a good thing. Me, and Audeze LCD owners I know have been always able to talk and deal  with  Audeze directly. I am also in Europe at the moment, and I shipped my set for warranty repair yesterday. 

Another thing, some posters have said they may re consider purchasing, PLEASE DON'T! Again, read the Audeze response on page 6, and updated warranty info at Audeze com/update!

There now is NO reason to walk away or re assess your purchase, Audeze has made this clear! 

I am one of the people who has LCD-3 more than 3 years old, as I posted earlier in thread. Audeze agreed to take care of this at NO COST to me. 

I am sure, the intention of this thread is not to scare future buyers, and current users, in fact opposite is true now, after we read Audeze response on page 6 here, and their web site.

So I would advise, go with the best! And I know very well what is the best for me, it is Audeze  LCD series. Simple!

Feb 4, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #120 of 293

I am sure, the intention of this thread is not to scare future buyers

You may want to check the title of the thread...just sayin' 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back