No Shame on Audeze!!! Buyer needn't beware.
Feb 4, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #181 of 293
  Given recent feedback here on Head-Fi Audeze has decided to modify the warranty policy for replacement drivers.

1. Drivers are warranted everywhere in the world for 3 years. (If you plug them into a wall socket, go scuba diving with them or go mad scientist on them, they won’t be covered!)
  2. We’ll evaluate the drivers and proceed on a case-by-case basis. 
  3. If replaced under warranty (or paid for out of warranty) the new drivers will then be warranted for a further 3 years globally.  
  4. When we replace drivers, either in or out of warranty, we install the latest models with all enhancements included such as Fazor elements.
  5. If you live outside the USA and you purchased Audeze headphones from one of our local dealers/distributors you can send them to your country’s authorized Audeze distributor for service.
  6. If you purchased your headphones directly from Audeze you can obtain warranty service from Audeze USA but not your local dealer/distributor.
  7. The prices for driver replacements have been revised.
  8. The LCD-3 is $375, the LCD-X/XC is $325, and the LCD-2 is now $250

It's worth pointing out that one of the reasons for the greater cost of driver replacement is that Audeze replaces both drivers even if only one is defective. We do that so both are matched for best performance. We don’t know of any other manufacturer that goes to these lengths to be certain you have the best product possible.

If you have difficulty obtaining the full 3-year warranty coverage outside the USA contact Support@Audeze.com and we'll make sure you're covered.

We appreciate your feedback, it helps us to keep building our world-class products.
Audeze 

Neither do I...most excellent! 
beerchug.gif

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #182 of 293
  Given recent feedback here on Head-Fi Audeze has decided to modify the warranty policy for replacement drivers.

1. Drivers are warranted everywhere in the world for 3 years. (If you plug them into a wall socket, go scuba diving with them or go mad scientist on them, they won’t be covered!)
  3. If replaced under warranty (or paid for out of warranty) the new drivers will then be warranted for a further 3 years globally.  
  4. When we replace drivers, either in or out of warranty, we install the latest models with all enhancements included such as Fazor elements.
  5. If you live outside the USA and you purchased Audeze headphones from one of our local dealers/distributors you can send them to your country’s authorized Audeze distributor for service.
  6. If you purchased your headphones directly from Audeze you can obtain warranty service from Audeze USA but not your local dealer/distributor.

It's worth pointing out that one of the reasons for the greater cost of driver replacement is that Audeze replaces both drivers even if only one is defective. We do that so both are matched for best performance. We don’t know of any other manufacturer that goes to these lengths to be certain you have the best product possible.

If you have difficulty obtaining the full 3-year warranty coverage outside the USA contact Support@Audeze.com and we'll make sure you're covered.

We appreciate your feedback, it helps us to keep building our world-class products.
Audeze 

Doesn't get any better than that.  
beyersmile.png
  Audeze once again proves that they stand behind their products 100% and all about customer satisfaction.  Bravo zulu! 

Feb 4, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #185 of 293

Audeze 

Audeze,

Thank you so very much for making this decision so quickly -  GM you ain't.

Thank you for understanding our concerns (and my personal fears of possibly being in a position some day to not be able to continue to use my favorite headphones). For not getting into a drawn out discussion or argument but instead for immediately weighing the merits of our concerns, never once minimalizing them or making any of us feel bad for having expressed them, and for finding a way to address them. I'm dead certain that you are earning an enormous amount of good will and business by doing so. And I thank you for proving all the statements made in this thread already about your being an incredibly class act to be true. 

I hope that proceeding on a case by case basis still implies that should you determine that a driver failed due to the issues that you had at some point in the manufacturing process that you will cover the repair regardless of the age of the unit. Assuming this is how you intended to proceed it is clear that you have put an end to any and all concerns about drivers failing due to manufacturing issues in your first years of production; and rendered our faith in you despite those problems as more than justified. I just want to be sure that we are all 100 %clear as to exactly what the new policy is. (I know, I'm relentless aren't I?)   

Feb 5, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #186 of 293

Audeze 

Kudos to Audeze for once again demonstrating their commitment to their customers to work through and resolve issues when they arise. This approach is why I became a customer a year and a half ago, and it's why I will remain one. 

Bravo. 

Feb 5, 2015 at 4:24 AM Post #189 of 293
Wow. Sorry if I'm being dense but just to be clear - Did LCD3 driver replacement just drop from $800 to $375 ?!

Regards,

Jeb.

It would appear so. 

Feb 5, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #190 of 293
I'm reading it that it's a "hard" 3 year warranty from the date of manufacture, nothing after that unless the drivers are replaced under that original 3 year warranty at which point you receive an additional  three year warranty on the drivers.  I can live with that  even though the  LCD3's I just bought used  from a forumite  were manufactured in July of 2014 which would seem to put them right in the time frame of the defective membrane material being used.  My guess is that if they fail it will be within the 2 1/2 ish' years left on the warranty.  Worst case if they fail after that I'll pay the $375 and have new can's again.  I've been supportive of Audeze since this thread popped up. In a  perfect world if Audeze could identify via serial number the drivers made using the defective membrane material in the spring / summer of 2014  and recalled those units to proactively replace the drivers that would be the best scenario but apparently they can't so this in my opinion is a reasonable solution.  As I said in an earlier post I'm not going to lose any sleep over it,  too much else going on in the world to contemplate...

Feb 5, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #191 of 293
Bravo Audeze, I have always had very solid respectful customer service from you and with this will continue to be your customer for example if the Z ever see the light of day.  I am still under the assumption though that if the drivers indeed failed even after 3 years due to a non user related issue that you would step up and just fix them and I hope you prove me right someday if faced with this situation.

Feb 5, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #193 of 293

1. The prices for driver replacements have been revised.
  2. The LCD-3 is $375, the LCD-X/XC is $325, and the LCD-2 is now $250

Audeze 

@Audeze: Is $325 for a pair of drivers? I have an LCD-X and because of sound disruptions I did check the jack and the inner cable from jack to driver contacts. After these two things were ok, I was so foolish to open the driver despite I have warranty until 11/2016 and destroyed it. :frowning2: I asked you customer care 2 weeks ago and get the answer that there is absolutely no goodwill from Audeze if the customer opens the driver itself and that the driver replacement for two new matched drivers is $700 + shipping costs. So is it now $350?

Kind regards,
Andreas

Feb 5, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #194 of 293
  I'm reading it that it's a "hard" 3 year warranty from the date of manufacture, nothing after that unless the drivers are replaced under that original 3 year warranty at which point you receive an additional  three year warranty on the drivers.  I can live with that  even though the  LCD3's I just bought used  from a forumite  were manufactured in July of 2014 which would seem to put them right in the time frame of the defective membrane material being used.  My guess is that if they fail it will be within the 2 1/2 ish' years left on the warranty.  Worst case if they fail after that I'll pay the $375 and have new can's again.  I've been supportive of Audeze since this thread popped up. In a  perfect world if Audeze could identify via serial number the drivers made using the defective membrane material in the spring / summer of 2014  and recalled those units to proactively replace the drivers that would be the best scenario but apparently they can't so this in my opinion is a reasonable solution.  As I said in an earlier post I'm not going to lose any sleep over it,  too much else going on in the world to contemplate...

Actually it's a 3-Year Warranty from the date of purchase rather than the date of manufacture. 
Thanks,
Audeze

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Feb 5, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #195 of 293

@Audeze: Is $325 for a pair of drivers? I have an LCD-X and because of sound disruptions I did check the jack and the inner cable from jack to driver contacts. After these two things were ok, I was so foolish to open the driver despite I have warranty until 11/2016 and destroyed it. :frowning2: I asked you customer care 2 weeks ago and get the answer that there is absolutely no goodwill from Audeze if the customer opens the driver itself and that the driver replacement for two new matched drivers is $700 + shipping costs. So is it now $350?

Kind regards,
Andreas

Sorry to hear of your problem. Yes, opening the driver voids the warranty, no way around it. Poking holes in the driver (it's happened!) and other "abuses" also aren't covered under warranty. The best thing to do when experiencing problems, depending on how you bought your Audeze, is to contact your dealer/distributor if bought from them, or support@Audeze.com if you bought it direct from our website or pre-owned from a private seller. The cost of driver replacement has been revised based on feedback here on Head-Fi. 

Thanks,
Audeze

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back