No Headphones, No Source....Got Problem
Mar 8, 2003 at 11:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ray4jc

100+ Head-Fier
I sold all my gear....I thought I needed the money but turned out I didn't need as much as I thought to fix my car......now I don't know where to start back.......anyone had this problem?????

thanks
ray

Mar 9, 2003 at 2:30 AM Post #2 of 9
i feel for you man . i have been reading ur post at the for sale forum .
well you got to start somewhere and i know you have some bucks from the sold merchandise so try buying what you need one by one .
a good pair of can is always a good start.

Mar 9, 2003 at 2:40 AM Post #3 of 9
If I could start over, I'd save up til I could buy 580's with upgrade cable, then save for MG Head OTL, then save for ~$300 used CD player, then save for Etymotic ER4s, then META42 (or maybe that new DIY amp in the works). Then I'd stop and be happy, and listen to the music.

Mar 9, 2003 at 8:21 AM Post #4 of 9
Depends really...

How deep do you want to get back into this? I'd go for big buys rather than multiple unhappy little ones...

If you have any sources whatsoever (PCDP, mini system etc) go for the headphones first... if not, and if you have a speaker setup, i'd go for source first...

If you have neither... I'd be patient until I had the green-backs for a big purchase...

I came close to being in your position ray, and I know its not a good one
frown.gif

Mar 9, 2003 at 2:55 PM Post #6 of 9
hey guys thanks for the replies

my one problem is i have no source at all, and i'd somewhat like a mini-system but at the same time i cant decide if i want a portable rig...i dunno i think i'm gonna wait and save a little cash up

thanks for the replies

ray

Mar 10, 2003 at 2:15 AM Post #7 of 9
take out a line of credit
i mean heck, low intrest rates nowadays

go pick up a sweet orpheous, and get some taralabs interconnects and a very sweet marantz sacd player.
get like a musical fiedlity powersupply.
there you're set
have fun
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 10, 2003 at 2:55 AM Post #8 of 9
It really depends on a couple of things.
Buget and do you want a portable or home rig.
Let us know what you have to spend and if its portable or home.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back