No HD650 Replacement... sorry
Jan 4, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #2 of 41
uh oh, those canadian reps are gonna get rundown by the head-fi mob now.
those iems look interesting though. i'm already curious to see how they match up against the current offerings.

Jan 4, 2008 at 6:02 PM Post #4 of 41
frown.gif

Jan 4, 2008 at 6:32 PM Post #7 of 41
Jan 4, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #8 of 41
The title is incorrect. There will never be 650 replacement. It's already has it place in headphone world. HD 650 was not a replace for HD 600, just another headphone. Still new flagship is coming, they just not revealing it yet. A surprise!!

Jan 4, 2008 at 6:55 PM Post #9 of 41
Sorry in advance. Please regard the following as pure speculation. Don't want it to sound like some conspiracy theory BS.
We've got Sennheiser announcing 3 new dynamic IEMs.
It's been stated somewhere on this forum that Senn outsources the R&D for their non-fullsize cans. If memory serves me well the name OVC was mentioned.
Last year we had 3 dynamic earbuds from a company nobody has ever heard of with fantastic sound and the drivers stuffed into the cheapest shells possible. I'm listening to one of them right now, and it's hard for me to believe the research work resulting in such a great product was done by complete newbies in the field.
It would be very interesting to see the impedance ratings of the new Senns...

Jan 4, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #10 of 41
LOL. So I was correct when I guessed on Jude's thread Senn will be announcing IEM's to nibble at the IEM market dominated by UE, Shure, etc.

Not that hard to guess, really. For Senn, it's all about business, profit, moving large quantities of products, while discontinuing actual good products that don't make money, i.e. Senn HE90/60. Understandable, but regrettable nevertheless...

Jan 4, 2008 at 7:33 PM Post #11 of 41
hmm still holding out for a peizo headphone or planar... it's still right at the start of CES. IEM's are not unexpected (due to the success of sure and such like) so the good stuff must still be to come.

Jan 4, 2008 at 8:04 PM Post #12 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by tygger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry in advance. Please regard the following as pure speculation. Don't want it to sound like some conspiracy theory BS.
We've got Sennheiser announcing 3 new dynamic IEMs.
It's been stated somewhere on this forum that Senn outsources the R&D for their non-fullsize cans. If memory serves me well the name OVC was mentioned.

It's quite well known that the CX300 is a Foster Japan product. Not that a company the size of Sennheiser has to single-source - they could be building with OVC too.

Jan 4, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #13 of 41
You know, I've always wanted a IEM to sound like the HD650, and maybe finally I'll get my wish! Oh wouldn't that be lovely.

Jan 4, 2008 at 11:53 PM Post #14 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know, I've always wanted a IEM to sound like the HD650, and maybe finally I'll get my wish! Oh wouldn't that be lovely.

Those IE 8 looks like somthing really! Adjustable bass without a distorting EQ sound sweet.

Jan 4, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #15 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurra1980 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those IE 8 looks like somthing really! Adjustable bass without a distorting EQ sound sweet.

wireless headphones look like a bad idea though as you tripple the amount of battries needed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back