No bass in one ear
Jul 21, 2021 at 9:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

n4vz

New Head-Fier
My 8 year old Sennheiser 558s began rattling and I found online that it's usually a result of a hair on the driver. Sure enough I take it apart and there's a hair, so I clean it all out and put it back together. After that, music sounded weird, was slightly louder and clearer in the right ear, the one that had the issue. Thought this was due to the cleaning I did so I cleaned out the left side as well, and now it sounds like complete garbage.

There is 0 bass in the left ear and it is significantly quieter. Took it apart several times after that to no success, but noticed that one of the clips that hold the driver in place broke, could that be it?

Jul 21, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #3 of 5
I don't think so, the issue is definitely from the driver itself as it came up after fiddling with it. Do you think it could be the broken clip? I could try supergluing it in place or something.

Jul 21, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #4 of 5
Alright, I took the driver out and it still sounded the same but noticed that the paper(?) covering on the driver was pushed in, after fixing that it sounded normal. So I inserted the driver back in very lightly, and it sounds good now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back