NJB3 pissin' me off (at least when it comes to firewire)
Oct 5, 2004 at 2:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Iron_Dreamer

Sponsor: Audeze
Landscape-Photo-Fi
Organizer for Can Jam '09
So I came into posession of a 40GB NJB3 today. I had to do little soldering to get the headphone jack working again, but that was no problem.

However, windows 200 will not for the life of me recognize it when I plug it in using the firewire ports of my 8RDA+ motherboard. I have tried reinstalling all pertinent drivers, fussing around with the plugs, reseating the firewire header connectos on the motherboard, all with no luck, anybody have an idea?

It is working fire with USB, but 1.1 is soooooooooo slooooooooooooooooowwwww, and I have to clean it out before I can put some good stuff on there to test the SQ.

Oct 5, 2004 at 3:30 AM Post #2 of 18
Can't help directly sorry Iron_Dreamer, but try www.nomadness.net

They have a specific JB3 forum and I know some have posted on there with this problem. I use Windows XP and haven't had any problems. I'm also very interested in your thought on the sound quality of the JB3, and particularly its line-out with your phones and amps.

pauls

Oct 5, 2004 at 1:33 PM Post #5 of 18
mate

I am not sure but is 2000 upgraded to SP4 .
if not that might fix the problem.
other than that what sort of connector is it, a motherboard one or a dedicated firewire based connector.

also is it on the latest firmware., knowing you i'd imagine you would have done all that.
but no harm in asking

Kunwar

Oct 5, 2004 at 3:44 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunwar
mate

I am not sure but is 2000 upgraded to SP4 .
if not that might fix the problem.
other than that what sort of connector is it, a motherboard one or a dedicated firewire based connector.

also is it on the latest firmware., knowing you i'd imagine you would have done all that.
but no harm in asking

Kunwar

Yeah, I've had SP4 for a long while now, and the player came with the newest firmware. I mentioned at first that it is the firewire on my motherboard. I read just now that some nForce2 motherboards don't work very well with the Nomads, but I guess mine doesn't work at all???

Oct 6, 2004 at 2:06 AM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
I guess I should add the caveat that by "working fine with USB" I meant that it would be recognized by the computer. But I still can't get files to delete or copy, it just always says "the file could not be written." Is the hard drive in this thing fubared? What is going on here?

Well, can you delete tracks using the player alone? If so, your HD must be okay, right?

Make sure you have the latest DRIVERS installed on your computer. This may very well be your problem. The following driver is for a computer running XP to enable it to recognize a JB3. It was released 22 Sep 04.

http://nomadworld.com/downloads/driv...pe=0&details=1

For other JB3 problems, you'd have better luck at nomadness.net.

Good luck.

Oct 6, 2004 at 3:31 AM Post #11 of 18
Dude..

I have heard that resetting the player might help.. FWIW, I had a similar problem with my XP Pro recognizing the NJB3 over USB.. I had to finally get a Firewire cable to transfer files to and fro..

Try to reset the player, and let us know if it helps..

Oct 6, 2004 at 12:18 PM Post #13 of 18
Did the player come to you clean? Try reinstalling the drivers from a fresh start. I'm on xp and firewire works perfectly everytime...maybe it's time to upgrade?

Oct 6, 2004 at 2:54 PM Post #14 of 18
Iron Dreamer,

This may sound like a dumb Q, but are you sure the JB3 is a firewall JB3, and not a usb 2.0 JB3?

Mine is a firewall JB3. I had a problem just like yours about a week ago. But my player transfers worked perfectly for over two years until last week. I think maybe I fouled something up while trying to get rid of some spyware. Anyways, I downloaded and installed the new driver a few posts above, but it wouldn't install successfully. After four hours, I finally figured out the file called ctjb2sp.dll in my system32 folder was bad. I would think that reinstalling new and improved drivers would fix any problems, but it didn't. So I renamed the bad file ctjb2sp._ll, and then tried again to install the drivers. The drivers finally installed properly. It finally worked, and I'm back in business.

If that doesn't help you, you should post at nomadness.net. The moderator StainlessSteelRat can probably give you some ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back