Nirvana - Reading Live + Bleach 2009
Nov 11, 2009 at 4:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

DarkAngel

DarkAngel's a man, baby!
A couple newly released CDs Nirvana fans will definitely want to pick up......

Live at Reading
A highly bootlegged performance capturing Nirvana at 1992 Reading Festival UK, now in good sound 25 tracks. Most people think this is best live recording but I would not be without Muddy Banks of Wishkah either.......and of course the acoustic MTV Unplugged set. Only downside is that many fav tracks on 1993 In Utero album are not here.........

Bleach 2009 Deluxe Edition
This is 20th anniversary remaster with much clearer more bass heavy sound, 11 bonus tracks of live show from Pine Street Theater featuring material on Bleach plus some Vaseline covers, 25 tracks total........definitely worth upgrade from original release, the live material is great!

41dQpuVObNL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
51ja37EsspL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Nov 11, 2009 at 1:23 PM Post #3 of 9
I have been rocking the Live at Reading all week. I love live records, this one is a real treat. Tons of energy and irreverence.

Wasn't aware of the remastered/repackaged Bleach. I'll have to pick that up.

Nov 11, 2009 at 3:26 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by thePo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been rocking the Live at Reading all week. I love live records, this one is a real treat. Tons of energy and irreverence.

Wasn't aware of the remastered/repackaged Bleach. I'll have to pick that up.

The live material on Bleach Deluxe is great......but does not contain prime material from Nevermind + In Utero. Priced same as regular 1CD release so a great deal, finally the fan does not get price gouged
tongue.gif

Nov 12, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #5 of 9
I managed by luck to score a copy of the original print when I was first getting into Nirvana. I had borrowed it and the person who lent it to me didnt want it back because it was his brothers and it wasnt Polka or bagpipes or whatever he listened to. I used to wonder what the one with the Geffen logo on it sounded like. I might check this out.

Nov 12, 2009 at 5:36 AM Post #6 of 9
I've picked up the deluxe edition too. Must say they've done a very good job with the mastering. Comparing it with the old version I have, it was not difficult to decide on which I prefer. Cleaner sound an a little push in the low end, whilst preserving detail and avoiding nasty artifacts.

Nov 12, 2009 at 12:32 PM Post #8 of 9
*sigh* Courtney Love just received more of my moolah - I bought Live at Reading with the DVD the other day. Haven't given it a good listen yet, except for a few tracks. Sounds freakin' awesome so far.

Annnnnd I'll have to buy the re-release of Bleach for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back