nine inch nails Fragile(right disk) distortion in left channel?
May 19, 2005 at 10:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

euclid

Headphoneus Supremus
hi, ive been breaking in a new set of 650s and been enjoying listening to all my music that i feel i am hearing for the first time!

the right disk on the first track "the way out is through" i am picking up distortion/cracking in the left channel very low in the soundstage.

im not sure if its purposly in the recording, or my 650 is breaking up at a certain fequency. i havnt noticed it before.

thanks for any help.

May 19, 2005 at 11:53 PM Post #2 of 7
Let me dig out my copy and I will see if I hear the same thing from my HD580's. Athough I am pretty sure it is something you just have not heard before as Trents work is always full of little details you can never hear unless you have the right system. For example I recently bought the With Teeth Album and listned to it for the first time in the car on the way home, but when I got home and listened to my 580's thier was a lot more details that were just not there in the car.

May 20, 2005 at 3:02 AM Post #3 of 7
NIN is full of static! I'd be surprised if it is a problem with the headphones.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 20, 2005 at 3:23 AM Post #4 of 7
its definately in the recording, i tried with a different set of headphones straight from the source. the difference is i hear it throughout different sections of the albumn on the hd650, its much more obvoius but at the same time blends very well so it feels like true speaker distortion. on mdr600 sonys the distortion is much more forward and fake feeling, its very abbreviated with no depth and is obviously in the recording.

i have to recommend the hd650, i am really enjoying the sound, it is so spacious its just seems natural for some music.

i do understand the critism surrounding them, being dark, but i cant see giving the senns up completey just based on that. i want/need another set of headphones for the music the 650 just wont do.. some hard rock and metal just isnt engaging enough, lacking that forward crunch. and some really sweet jazz (horns esp) just isnt sweet enough. im hoping grado 325i will handle that.
or maybe after some more break-in, these 650 only have about 50 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back