Nexus S
May 26, 2011 at 12:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

domino584

100+ Head-Fier
So I'm going to be grabbing a Nexus S towards the ending of August.  I need a new phone regardless, but I might as well replace my cowon and use an "all-in-one" for music.  The audio performance is suppose to be on par with the iPhone 4, but then again, the Nexus also supports FLAC.  <3

However, the headphone out causes a lot of issues, noise.  Headphones are going to sound like poop on the nexus.  But I was reading that if paired with an amp, it sounded really good.  Now I'm not sure if that was through the HDMI out where they connected the headphones to the amp itself.  But, would getting a clip-on portible amp remove noise issues from the mp3 jack?  Maybe grab one of those F5s or whatever to go with the new phone when I get it?

I'm also wondering where the noise comes from.  I know from the phone, but I'm thinking that regardless if you hook up a portible amp to the 3.5mm that the conversion to an analog signal is going to be the area where noise occurs, would it not?  That signal is going to be effected by all the frequencies coming out of the phone?

Hopefully I'm clear.  Cheers on input!

May 27, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #3 of 4
VooDoo kernel,...go look for it in the Android Marketplace. And it was covered in a previous thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back