Next meaningful upgrade to my system (tube amp around 800$?)
Aug 25, 2010 at 8:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Frowzy

New Head-Fier
 My current system is

ThinkPad T410 --> Hiface --> coax --> Audio-gd DAC 19 F(ACSS) --> Audio-gd c-2(ACSS) --> Sennheiser 650 (stock cable)

What would be the next meaningful upgrade for 500$ - 800$ish? An Audio gd P2 Preamplifier, or turning my c-2 into a pre-amp and buying my first tube amp? I'm kind of leaning toward the latter option. What are some of the main candidates for best tube-amp around 800$? If there's something that really impresses at around 1000$, I'd spring for it.

Sorry that I'm so full of questions: first post here.

P.S. I'm not THE most tech savvy guy in the world. The set up above describes every component of my system. I've read and vaguely understood from this forum that some other parts of one's set-up can be very important, i.e. power supply. Should I upgrade my current power supply (generic white power strip?); are there other meaningful tweaks that could improve my system?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Aug 26, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #3 of 5
Aug 27, 2010 at 7:39 AM Post #5 of 5
If you are into tube sound, the Woo 6 is well within your budget.  It's a highly thought of amp around here and has a transformer coupled output so it can easily handle just about any set of cans on the planet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back