News :: Luxman SQ-N100 Integrated Tube Amplifier
Apr 11, 2007 at 2:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

Veniogenesis

Headphoneus Supremus
Just a simple news item: Luxman releases SQ-N100 Integrated Tube Amplifier w/ Headphone Out

01.jpg

http://www.luxman.co.jp/presspro/n100.html
The tubes are ECC83×1、ECC82×2、EL84×4 and the speaker outs are 12 watts x 2 channels with a load of 6 ohms.
We're looking at 189,000 Yen or about $1,600 USD.

Apr 11, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #4 of 36
Man, you know you've been on head-fi too long when you see an integrated tube amp and your first thought is, "I wonder how it is with K 1k or a SRD..."
biggrin.gif

Best,

-Jason

Apr 11, 2007 at 4:15 AM Post #5 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lux are about the only mainstream Japanese electronics manufacturer to get tubes right. It's nice to see another addition to their tube line.

Haha yeah. The thing that caught my eye was the choice of tubes.
tongue.gif
Good stuff.
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, you know you've been on head-fi too long when you see an integrated tube amp and your first thought is, "I wonder how it is with K 1k or a SRD..."
biggrin.gif

Haha.
wink.gif
By the way, I thought 12W wasn't enough to drive the SRD boxes. Am I wrong?

Apr 11, 2007 at 4:38 AM Post #6 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veniogenesis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha yeah. The thing that caught my eye was the choice of tubes.
tongue.gif
Good stuff.

Well, I'd rather have gigantic DHTs fed from chokes the size of your head, but it's certainly not bad.

Quote:

Haha.
wink.gif
By the way, I thought 12W wasn't enough to drive the SRD boxes. Am I wrong?

It should work fine. EL84s clip fairly pleasantly.

May 10, 2008 at 3:33 PM Post #8 of 36
I really want to try a tube amp, and this beauty here is in close reach. Has anyone tried it?

May 10, 2008 at 5:03 PM Post #9 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

Best,

-Jason

lol, that was exactly what i was thinking when i saw it.

May 11, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #11 of 36
Jesus...sigh....if only I had a better paying job or won the lottery.I love Luxman and I sure miss my old Lux preamp.Thanks for posting the link.It's nice to know Luxman is still going strong !

May 11, 2008 at 1:41 PM Post #14 of 36
Not to threadcrap, as beauty is most definitely in the eye of the beholder, but visually it looks like about as plain a rectangle with a couple of other rectangles sticking up out of it as one could imagine. I'm not looking for geegaws, mind you, but this appears to be the absence of design. Amps from SP, Woo, Darkvoice, and especially Glow and Cayin, are all much more visually appealing. To me, anyway. Still, if anyone would like to buy me one, I won't kick it out of my system for being unassuming...

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back