Newbie- Sennheiser HD 238 Upgrade to HD-25?
Aug 31, 2011 at 3:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Photodan

New Head-Fier
I've owned a pair of Sennheiser HD 238's for about a year now and I've really enjoyed them from the get go. I use them without an amp through my ipod and they were my first foray into higher quality headphones. Now I'm hooked and on the slippery slope of wanting to upgrade to something else. I would like something that's portable and of course an improvement in sound.

Looking at the reviews here it seems like the HD-25-II's would be a good option, but I'm new to all this and I'm not sure what other good stuff is out there for around that price. Also, if someone could recommend an amp as well. (it is indeed a slippery slope!).

I would really appreciate some feedback from forum members to see if I'm on the right path. Thanks in advance!

Aug 31, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #2 of 4
I have heard both, and own the hd25, for me hd25 is far superior in evry way to hd238 except in soundstage, but in general hd25 is better, non fatiguing hights, forward mids and punchy bass, and the isolation is very hight, the people says that are uncomfortable, but i dont think so, i can wear them for hours and for me are confortable, so i think they are a big upgrade from hd238, i hear them without an amp, but i tryed with a soundmagic a10 and it adds a bit more bass, but i think hd25 sounds excellent without an amp.

Sep 1, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks farfly, I appreciate your input. Your description made it easier for me to grasp as I'm still understanding and "experiencing with my ears" the terminology (if that makes any sense) so thanks! It sure is an education. I think I'll give them a go. I just spent the evening doing the foil/felt modding my HD-238 and it's improved them nicely. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the HD-25's. Thanks.

Sep 1, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #4 of 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back