Newbie Foobar UI Question
May 5, 2006 at 2:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

raduray

100+ Head-Fier
Just starting playing with Foobar2000 v0.9.1 and I'm wondering if there's any plugin that I can use to set up the panes to look like Windows Media Player, with Album (or Artist, Composer, Genre, etc) view in the left panel and the tracks associated with the left pane selection showing on the right.

Ditto for iTunes.

Thanks,

Radu

May 5, 2006 at 11:46 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by acedriver
Use Columns UI. One of the default view has playlist on the left and the associated tracks on the right.

No, that's not what I'm looking for. I already have the Columns UI installed and have the functionality you describe. I want the left pane to have an album list. When I select one of the albums, the right pane will show the tracks on the album. Sort of like Windows Explorer with the directories in the left pane and the contained files in the right pane.

May 5, 2006 at 12:26 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by raduray
No, that's not what I'm looking for. I already have the Columns UI installed and have the functionality you describe. I want the left pane to have an album list. When I select one of the albums, the right pane will show the tracks on the album. Sort of like Windows Explorer with the directories in the left pane and the contained files in the right pane.

If it's available for 0.9.1 then albumlist should do the job you are after! You can add it to a window pane within columns ui. You may see what I am talking about if you check out the gallery on the fb2k forum.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 5, 2006 at 5:37 PM Post #6 of 8
Zhopudey: If you have some free time would you mind mentioning which plugins you're using, or how you went about getting the view that you have. I really like it and would like to recreate it based on your guidance.

May 5, 2006 at 7:03 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordgibbness
If it's available for 0.9.1 then albumlist should do the job you are after! You can add it to a window pane within columns ui. You may see what I am talking about if you check out the gallery on the fb2k forum.
smily_headphones1.gif

Albumlist and Albumlist Panels did the trick. Required some fooling around with the ColumnsUI Layout Preferences, but I've got a basic layout that works for me. Some of the extreme layouts I've seen following some of the links in the repplies to the OP are awesome, but are beyond my current skills. I can see Foobar2000 being a major timesucker if you let it.

Radu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back