Newbie Bedroom stereo system...
Nov 26, 2012 at 3:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

drewDOOM

New Head-Fier
I am trying to create a stereo system for my room, with my main source being my iMac. I thought I had a decent understanding of making a good system and was initially looking at 5.1 systems. But in my research I've learned that my room is too small for that, and since my main interest is music, wouldn't be most desirable anyways. So I want to make a stereo WITH subwoofer since I like almost all genres of music including: reggaeton, hip hop, dubstep, rock, and metal.

Here is what I've come up with so far (keep in mind that I have no starting components other than my computer, so I'm trying to get a step in the right direction)

NuForce uDac-2
Pioneer BS22, Infinity P163, or Polk Monitor 40s
Polk PSW505 subwoofer

My main problem here is that I don't know if I should get a stereo receiver, 5.1 receiver, or even just an amp to from off of the uDac-2. Any suggestions? Any of my choices that you would change? I understand that some of the things, like the bookshelf speakers, might be upgraded later on, but I want to try to get at least some things that I can keep indefinitely...

Thank you!

Nov 26, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #3 of 3
I dun own Apple products but i believe one could pass SPDIF out of an IMac? If so why not hunt for a cheaper/less than current optical/coax AVR with LFE/sub out on say Craiglist :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back