Newb time - Looking for cheap headphones
Mar 10, 2011 at 4:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Myon

New Head-Fier
Alright, you've probably been asked this a thousand times before but I'm looking for some good headphones under $50. I'm a poor college student and I'm going to be using them while I walk to and from school and local stores. My collection is mostly rock/metal and piano pieces (not sure why) though I toss a bit of everything in my Zune.

I'm not quite sure what qualifies as a "good" pair of headphones so I thought I'd drop this question in while I scoured the rest of the forums. Thanks for reading.

Mar 10, 2011 at 10:25 AM Post #2 of 3
Try some SoundMAGIC or Meelec models. They're cheap and quite decent, and full into your budget.

My favourites in that range are the Meelec M11+, followed by Meelec M21, SoundMAGIC PL50. Going cheaper, you have the Meelec M9 or M6, then SoundMAGIC PL21. The SoundMAGIC PL30 are much praised here, too, but I had problems with mine.

If you're not much into IEMs, I would recommend the Meelec HT21. I don't usually like supraaurals too much, but these I'm start to loving them. Unfortunately, they're a friend's loan and I have to return them :wink:

Hope this helps!

Mar 10, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #3 of 3
Yeah, this has been asked a million times before. The basic consensus seems to be that, if you can, you should stretch $10 extra and  get the brainwavz M2. If you can't, there the brainwavz M1, or the brainwavz Pro Alpha. I haven't heard any of those, but I can personally reccomend the Kicker eb141s for a very bassy sound, the UE metro.fi 220's which are less bassy, and very nice all around, or the Head Direct RE2, which are an amazing deal at the $29 they sell for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back