Newb looking for advice (movies/gaming) on headphones for PC.
Mar 18, 2013 at 1:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Stiles2

New Head-Fier
Hi there, was directed to this site by a friend.

Am tired of so called "gaming headphones". Looking to just get a clip on mic to compliment a good set of cans.

Main use is split between movies on my PC and gaming, also on the PC. I use my speakers for music and do not use headphones for music.

I have an Asus Xonar DGX sound card which has an amp built in. I do not know the quality of it, all I know is that it is better than the onboard sound that my motherboard came with (Asus P8P67 Deluxe)

Budget is around 150$. I know this will not get me something top of the line but Im sure it will beat the Corsairs, Logitechs and Steelseries offerings.

I have a 50$ gift card at NCIX Canada. Here is a link to their headphones. Looks like I have Sennheiser to choose from and little else. The listings are down the page a little, please scroll :)

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?minorcatid=1318

Would prefer a closed design with cloth/velour earpieces but compromises can be made for an exceptional suggestion. I do not need total isolation. Passive isolation would do just fine. The pleather I sometimes find irritating depending on the model. Something comfortable would be great too but thats another subjective thing. My head I guess is average size...if that is of any real help haha.

I enjoy my bass and would like it to be fairly prominent without being over the top and silly (Beats by Dr Dre Im looking at you!). Id like to feel explosions in movies and games. Not to a headache inducing muddy extent but crisp and noticeable.

While I do have the NCIX gift card Im open to ideas elsewhere in Canada if it is a better fit for my needs.

If there are any questions that can help you to help me, feel free to ask...I am certainly no audiophile but the headsets I have used in the past have made me felt, wanting.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Hopefully I can get a few items to choose from. Been googling the last two days and the choices seem almost limitless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back