New way of listening to Music ? (musicmask)
Apr 3, 2011 at 12:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Lord.Warlock

Head-Fier

http://www.mymusicmask.com
This product has recently been put on the market.

It's build on the fact that many people listen to music with their eyes closed. But that take some concentration away from listening entirely to the music.
I find it a interesting concept and bought one today, it's cheep enough just to see the effect on the listening experience. I do find that, when I try to
concentrate on a piece of music, I close my eyes. But sitting in the dark listening with you eyes open adds a whole other dimension to listening. But that's
not always practical, or possible. This mask should make this possible any moment you want !

What do you guy's think ?

Apr 3, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #3 of 31
Well not really. A airplane covers you eyes completely, this doesn't. You can keep youre eyes open, or so they say. It probably comparable to a pair of blacked out ski goggles (Which are a bit more expensive).

But I don' t really care about the product, but the principle behind it. I guest I will find if it works when I get one.

Apr 3, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #4 of 31
Would eye patches work?

Arrrghhhh matey!!!!

Also, would having a peg-leg increase musical enjoyment? Or a hook and sword in both hands? I find the idea of time warping a pirate from the early seventeenth century and making him listen to a quality headphone rig fascinating.

Apr 3, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #5 of 31

Quote:
amazing, 45$ for a mask that they give you for free on a airplane.

Too true. $45 is far too much for that. I'd rather wrap a bandana over my eyes.

Apr 3, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #6 of 31
Tried to order  But order process tried to charge me 45 Euros rather than $45 dollars.  Emailed company.  Hopefully this confusion  / malfunction will be corrected.

Apr 5, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #10 of 31
My mask was just delivered this morning. Just saw it in the mailbox, but had to go to work, maybe tonight or other wise tomorrow morning I will give it a try.

I have just one possible problem with the product, and that's build quality. I don't have any problem with it cosing  35 euro, but than it should at least last me a few years.

Apr 5, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #11 of 31
@cifani090  Very true about the possible marketing potential of the product. But if I go on my own experience, when I really listen to music I close my eyes. So I'm open to the fact that maybe this mask, which keeps you're eyes open but completely in the dark, could have a positive effect on the listening experience.

Apr 5, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #14 of 31

Quote:
Thanks Lord, when you get a chance could you do some immpresions and post a few pictures? Thanks

Please include commentary concerning burn-in when posting impressions.

Apr 6, 2011 at 4:58 AM Post #15 of 31
I read about this though I am not impressed. When it's late a usually turn the lights out so it's more or less dark, it makes listening more relaxing IMO. But during daytime I don't see myself wearing a 35euro mask. It's too inconvienent if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back