NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Jan 19, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #3,076 of 4,971
Okay, it's Sunday evening here so i'll be nice. It rings. The two sides don't ring the same And i think most people find it worse on the right channel. This i stipulated that it is to do with where the tubes are located on the board - one is notably closer to the headphone jack and the vol. pot than the other. However this has not been confirmed as the actual reason.

And i assume it's not necessary to tap the case?

On my unit it rings opposite. Left is ringing louder and longer. If I want to hear right, I must knock vali hard enough. I did it only once as I do not want to make it worse because ringing is no issue for me.
When my Vali arrived I unscrewed cover. Both tubes were pressed to foam firmly, but I noticed difference. One tube is parallel to PCB, while other tube is pressed more at legs part - I do not remember what tube - left or right, difference is maybe 5 degrees.

thanks. I just hit vali once, to see how it react and how much does it take that ringing disappear, specially in the right. I hesitate to open my Vali. so I want to ask first and act then.
maybe I need to look inside the Vali. I can see that one of tubes, is in its place, but I can not see the other

Jan 20, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #3,080 of 4,971
A man went to visit his doctor. When the doctor came in to see him, he asked the man what seemed to be the problem.

The man said, "My arm hurts when I do this." The man then proceeded to bend his arm to an awkward angle.

The doctor said, "What happens when you don't do that to your arm?"

The man replied, "Well, it feels just fine."

The doctor replied, "I recommend you stop bending your arm like that. That'll be $119 dollars, please."

Jan 20, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #3,081 of 4,971
  A man went to visit his doctor. When the doctor came in to see him, he asked the man what seemed to be the problem.

The man said, "My arm hurts when I do this." The man then proceeded to bend his arm to an awkward angle.

The doctor replied, "I recommend you stop bending your arm like that. That'll be $119 dollars, please."

May be the Vali's PRAT is SO good, folks just can't stop drumming on the amp casing.

Jan 20, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #3,082 of 4,971

Is that the co-pay?

And this "man". It's you, isn't it?

I have a "friend" who did something unwise and needs some legal advice...

Jan 20, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #3,083 of 4,971
I know this has already been mentioned about the TH900 and some of the Denons, but I just want to add that the Vali plays nice with the TH600 as well. The ringing disappears, but there is some quiet hissing when there is no sound, although it's not noticeable when music is playing. The only thing is that you'll probably want to fix the volume of the Vali and, if possible, use your source to adjust the volume. Otherwise, the sound is way too loud when the the Vali's knob is barely turned from 0.

As far as sound impressions go, I didn't do a lot of listening since the Vali is mainly for my LCD2, but if anybody wants, I can take some notes and report back :) All my impressions will have to be against the Fiio E17 though, since that's what I use when I'm listening to the TH600 at work.

Jan 21, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #3,084 of 4,971
I was raving about good the Sennheiser HD598 sounds on the Vali. Well, I finally plugged my HD600 into the Vali.

Holy Schiit.

This is the best I've ever heard the HD600 sound. Simply amazing.

The 598s went straight back into the bag. No comparison. Not even close. HD600 takes it by a mile.

The Vali is a little miracle, alright. Thank you, Schiit! Good stuff!

Jan 21, 2014 at 5:31 AM Post #3,085 of 4,971

Is that the co-pay?

And this "man". It's you, isn't it?

I have a "friend" who did something unwise and needs some legal advice...

A wise man once said, try to learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Jan 21, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #3,087 of 4,971
I know this has already been mentioned about the TH900 and some of the Denons, but I just want to add that the Vali plays nice with the TH600 as well. The ringing disappears, but there is some quiet hissing when there is no sound, although it's not noticeable when music is playing. The only thing is that you'll probably want to fix the volume of the Vali and, if possible, use your source to adjust the volume. Otherwise, the sound is way too loud when the the Vali's knob is barely turned from 0.

As far as sound impressions go, I didn't do a lot of listening since the Vali is mainly for my LCD2, but if anybody wants, I can take some notes and report back
smily_headphones1.gif
All my impressions will have to be against the Fiio E17 though, since that's what I use when I'm listening to the TH600 at work.

mangler, would you please tell us more about influences of the Vali might on treble and bass? Some describe TH600's treble as slightly harsh. Does the Vali improve on that? And bass on the Vali is commonly said to be not as textured as in other amps. Do experience that as well, at least when compared to the Fiio E17?

Thanks in advance.

Jan 21, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #3,088 of 4,971
Should the noise be bad on 80Ω headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back