New Unique Melody Triple Dynamic CIEM announced
May 4, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #226 of 644
Yes, I've stood by UM in the past, but I do feel they are damaging their own reputation by not honouring their word with the promised promotion. It's poor business practice, and they may lose more money from the bad reputation for this than they would have lost by honouring the promotion.

May 4, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #227 of 644
Quote:
Well, at Unique Melody Global, it seems I still can get 25% discount on custom version??

Not suppose to, technically. 

Quote:

Same feeling.

The product page showed the promo would be good for a period two days ago, and you still can see the 20% off promo on the front page of the website right now. Of course, UM can do/change anything they decided. People just look for other products from more reliable companies that stand to their words.

That's probably due to the cache of your browser. Maybe refresh it? For custom-iem.com, the promo image never stated how long the promo is going to last, so I guess "limited time only" means actually limited time?

Quote:
Ok, I'm coming in late to the game - I subscribed to the UM newsletter - I have an email that states there is a 228 hour preorder sale - is that sale nonexistent? What is the regular price for the custom DDD?

Quote:
Honestly, just speaking for those who subscribed and waited and didn't get the discount, I feel very sorry for you guys. I think suddenly Cancelling the discount without notice after saying I would be available for a period of time is his downright poor service. I am not complaining for myself as you can see I live neither in the uk nor us.

I need we need some clarifications here. The newsletters that you guys subscribed to is the UMG newsletter. UMG is a distributing team organized by Matt, the Australian distributor as many of you know. All prices are supposedly set and controlled by UM's CEO, who has the final say on these kinds of matters. Before May, although there may be some lack of or mis communications, nobody promised any kind of pre-order discounts as far as I know. I opened pre-order discount for a couple of days on May 1, and after knowing that no discounts should be made for the 3DD, I immediately stopped it. The homepage image only said "limited time only" on custom-iem.com, so I guess it's not contradicting with anything. Whatever UMG is doing is the sole decision of UMG. From what I know, the decision of no discounts has already been sent out to everybody before you guys received the newsletter, which was still sent out nevertheless. 

Sorry about any awk sentences above, if there is any. Going to grab something to eat...

May 4, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #228 of 644
Actually then it is actually the distributors fault of sending out newsletters and offering faux punts when they should not. Unique Melody jus gained back my local stores trust and my local store is going to bring UM in by June 1 and this happens. I feel sorry for those who missed it and deserve it.

May 4, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #230 of 644
I may sound biased because I actually took advantage of the "limited time" offer and ordered on the first day of the sale. We're so used to retailers using the catch phrase "limited time offer" to try to trick customers into purchasing and boosting sales. We're so used to assuming "limited time" meant it's gonna be going on for an extended period. But I don't think UM did anything wrong here. Speaking of their North American website, custom-iem.com, I did not see them state how long this sale will go on for. You guys really can't flame them for being true to their words. That is, limited time only really means limited time only. So yes you guys can be displeased with them, but I don't think it's appropriate to blame UM for being deceitful, not honouring their words etc. Because, in fact, they said the sale is limited and it sure was limited.

May 5, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #231 of 644
I may sound biased because I actually took advantage of the "limited time" offer and ordered on the first day of the sale. We're so used to retailers using the catch phrase "limited time offer" to try to trick customers into purchasing and boosting sales. We're so used to assuming "limited time" meant it's gonna be going on for an extended period. But I don't think UM did anything wrong here. Speaking of their North American website, custom-iem.com, I did not see them state how long this sale will go on for. You guys really can't flame them for being true to their words. That is, limited time only really means limited time only. So yes you guys can be displeased with them, but I don't think it's appropriate to blame UM for being deceitful, not honouring their words etc. Because, in fact, they said the sale is limited and it sure was limited.
they're more flaming them for inconsistent dealer promos and timing of promos and pricing (some people were able to get $400 3dd universals in the US :D, initially some promos for custom and universal, etc? ) ?. (and seemingly withdrawing promos before starting them for some dealers?)

well, look on the bright side - if it's not a 50+ people promo, it's unlikely there'll be delays with the orders. (too many orders for the lab)

I still kinda wish they posted an FR chart (since they have the capability to take those when finishing IEMs) :\ . I know they have the chart :D .

May 5, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #234 of 644

However, good companies have the courtesy to mention the promotion period, and give customers ample time to make their decisions and also provide at least some basic information and most are kind enough to send out review units. Well this one doesn't seem to do so. And don't say that I'm complaining for myself, just rooting for those who deserve the discount, my location does not even have the discount in the first place if you noticed.

May 5, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #235 of 644
I just stumbled on this thread, and I just wet myself.  This 3dd was something I always dreamed about, however the price is suspiciously low. 
confused.gif

can't wait to see the reviews!

May 5, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #238 of 644
Quote:
Actually then it is actually the distributors fault of sending out newsletters and offering faux punts when they should not. Unique Melody jus gained back my local stores trust and my local store is going to bring UM in by June 1 and this happens. I feel sorry for those who missed it and deserve it.

See you at Stereo on June 1st.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back