NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM
Jun 25, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #961 of 1,275
I'm going to try like hell.

What are you guys using for tips? My left ear piece keeps losing seal with spiral and spin fits. Might need bi flange for these.

Bi flange work a little better, but unfortunately they pop off the stem. If I'm stationary, no issues with spiral dots or spin fits. I have to figure a way to get better bi flange tips that stay on the stem.

P5 are easier to drive than the Ref 1, in case anyone cares. With a good seal, the bass is quite good on the P5, but never over done. Hits very hard, hardest I've heard from a BA driver.

did u try rha tips or sony hybrids tips

Jun 25, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #963 of 1,275
Have to find my Sony, rha no good.

p5 with regular cable vs ref1 too with regular cable

as currently i can not consider buying as well the uber cable

Jun 25, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #965 of 1,275
I really need more time. Initial thoughts would be if you are a basshead or extreme bass lover, get the P5. I need to compare more. For me, Ref 1 is my top choice...for now.

Warrior, I thought the Ref.1 had more bass?

At any rate, definitely, we all get how you have to live with a phone for a while to make a more complete judgment. Keep us posted. 

I have to say, it is really interesting. Before the Ref1.Too, when I had the "old TOTL" and a "new TOTL" came out, it somehow diminished my enjoyment of what I had. Stupid I know, but it was there. Though neither phone is really TOTL over the other, I do think the P5 is going to be the better phone for me. The thing is, for the first time, I notice that the existence of the P5  does not really cut into my enjoyment of the Ref.1.

I'd love to say that's growth on my part, but it isn't. Tralucent phones are just that good. 

Jun 25, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #967 of 1,275
Warrior, I thought the Ref.1 had more bass?

At any rate, definitely, we all get how you have to live with a phone for a while to make a more complete judgment. Keep us posted. 

I have to say, it is really interesting. Before the Ref1.Too, when I had the "old TOTL" and a "new TOTL" came out, it somehow diminished my enjoyment of what I had. Stupid I know, but it was there. Though neither phone is really TOTL over the other, I do think the P5 is going to be the better phone for me. The thing is, for the first time, I notice that the existence of the P5  does not really cut into my enjoyment of the Ref.1.

I'd love to say that's growth on my part, but it isn't. Tralucent phones are just that good. 

True, Edwardsean: all the current Tralucent IEMs are TOTL in any setting. They do complement one another nicely. :)

Jun 25, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #969 of 1,275
So very true. uBer cable is really special as well. I prefer it to my Whiplash 8 strand modular joint too... Never thought I'd say that...

Absolutely! I think I have it in one of my reviews of the sheer panic I had the first time I met Gavin, to pick up the silver gold cable for my FitEar IEMs, and he brought the legendary Uber cable to let me try. It was brand new from the workshop and yet it blew the silver gold cable away...

And of course the Uber Too builds on that. As well as offers better ergonomics and transportability. :)

Jun 25, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #971 of 1,275
I do wonder in all of this why there is not more marketing done for Tralucent. 

Case in point, other great cable makers lay out quite a bit about what makes their cables great. Over the years, I've read so much about OCC, 6N purity, cable geometry, litz braiding, skin effect, EMI, etc. etc. For the UberToo I only know how good it is by owning it and comparing it. It could operate by little nano-electron elves ferrying electricity back and forth for all I know. For many on headfi, it's just out there on the high end margins wrapped in myth and magic. 

I know there must be proprietary technology to protect, but I do wish for Tralucent that there was more information and web development. But, I'll be the first to admit that I don't know the ins and outs of it. 

Jun 25, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #973 of 1,275
  I do wonder in all of this why there is not more marketing done for Tralucent. 

Case in point, other great cable makers lay out quite a bit about what makes their cables great. Over the years, I've read so much about OCC, 6N purity, cable geometry, litz braiding, skin effect, EMI, etc. etc. For the UberToo I only know how good it is by owning it and comparing it. It could operate by little nano-electron elves ferrying electricity back and forth for all I know. For many on headfi, it's just out there on the high end margins wrapped in myth and magic. 

I know there must be proprietary technology to protect, but I do wish for Tralucent that there was more information and web development. But, I'll be the first to admit that I don't know the ins and outs of it. 

I have mentioned on various occasions that Tralucent has always been a hobby business for me. It has always been about the sonics that I have been after and I have persevered with using the best that is available to achieve this goal. I always state it is a hobby as expenditure far exceeds revenue........As yet it has never been about profits.

Regarding our cables, and my partners in this venture. We actually supply quite a lot of raw wires to the market, and make OEM for some Hi End home rig companies in the 5 figures. There are a lot of technology in our cables, and for Tralucent cables we use what we feel is the best that we currently make and it's exclusive to ourselves.

Jun 25, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #974 of 1,275

I have mentioned on various occasions that Tralucent has always been a hobby business for me. It has always been about the sonics that I have been after and I have persevered with using the best that is available to achieve this goal. I always state it is a hobby as expenditure far exceeds revenue........As yet it has never been about profits.

Regarding our cables, and my partners in this venture. We actually supply quite a lot of raw wires to the market, and make OEM for some Hi End home rig companies in the 5 figures. There are a lot of technology in our cables, and for Tralucent cables we use what we feel is the best that we currently make and it's exclusive to ourselves.

Honestly, that blows me away. If only everyone were as good at their actual business as you are at this. You have my deepest appreciation for sharing with those of us who share your sonic vision. 

Jun 25, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #975 of 1,275
Honestly, that blows me away. If only everyone were as good at their actual business as you are at this. You have my deepest appreciation for sharing with those of us who share your sonic vision. 

I always thank Gavin as he has brought many many many large smiles to my face, along with the occasional tear.

musicday

Sorry for the quality, I'm no H20Fidelity :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back