NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM
Jun 23, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #948 of 1,275
Cross posting from Ref 1 thread:

I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how much I like the P5... Not enough to dethrone the Ref 1, but it's damn close. If the P5 had more bass, ref 1 would be knocked down, but it doesn't.

Just did some abing and the most noticeable difference, besides bass, are the highs. The P5 extends rather nicely, definitely bests the Ref 1 Too in that regard. Sadly, the P5 also makes the Ref 1 sound veiled. I'd never said that before, but it's true. Not sure about much else, but I can see myself grabbing for the P5 more often than I originally believed. Could be new toy syndrome as well. Also, uBer seems to make a more dramatic impact on the P5. I won't be cable swapping anymore though, I don't want to damage my IEMS. The uBer and stock cables are noticeably tighter on the Ref 1, enough to make me feel uncomfortable swapping cables on a regular basis.

I can't lie when I say the P5 is a better sounding iem. However, I am a basshead so I can't choose the P5 over the Ref 1 Too. Fortunately I don't have to make that choice as it would be difficult. I'm truly enjoying the P5. Is pretty damn amazing.

@Spkrs01 Absolutely incredible what you've done. The P5 is your most well rounded iem, for sure. For normal people, the P5 would be hands down the best tralucent iem there is. I'm not normal though. My basshead roots prefer the Ref 1 Too still, but only because of the bass. The P5 bests my precious in every other aspect. Also, P5 bass is no slouch either. It would work very well for bass lovers. Excellent job Gavin, I'm pretty much in shock at how good the P5 sounds.

Thanks for feedback - very interesting. By the way which player/dap are you using? The same one for both phones?

Jun 23, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #950 of 1,275
warrior1975, I'm Glad you like the P5. :) Like I had said previously, you can't believe what Gavin has done to breathe that sort of bass for a BA iem...

Jun 24, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #951 of 1,275
Cross posting from Ref 1 thread:

I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how much I like the P5... Not enough to dethrone the Ref 1, but it's damn close. If the P5 had more bass, ref 1 would be knocked down, but it doesn't.

Just did some abing and the most noticeable difference, besides bass, are the highs. The P5 extends rather nicely, definitely bests the Ref 1 Too in that regard. Sadly, the P5 also makes the Ref 1 sound veiled. I'd never said that before, but it's true. Not sure about much else, but I can see myself grabbing for the P5 more often than I originally believed. Could be new toy syndrome as well. Also, uBer seems to make a more dramatic impact on the P5. I won't be cable swapping anymore though, I don't want to damage my IEMS. The uBer and stock cables are noticeably tighter on the Ref 1, enough to make me feel uncomfortable swapping cables on a regular basis.

I can't lie when I say the P5 is a better sounding iem. However, I am a basshead so I can't choose the P5 over the Ref 1 Too. Fortunately I don't have to make that choice as it would be difficult. I'm truly enjoying the P5. Is pretty damn amazing.

@Spkrs01 Absolutely incredible what you've done. The P5 is your most well rounded iem, for sure. For normal people, the P5 would be hands down the best tralucent iem there is. I'm not normal though. My basshead roots prefer the Ref 1 Too still, but only because of the bass. The P5 bests my precious in every other aspect. Also, P5 bass is no slouch either. It would work very well for bass lovers. Excellent job Gavin, I'm pretty much in shock at how good the P5 sounds.

now we know bass is in favor for ref1

highs is in favor for P5

can you compare the mids 

I for one like more thick mids, which one do you think has thicker mids and are more forward

Jun 25, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #957 of 1,275
Way to go, Warrior1975! Look forward to the review. I've said so much on the Plus5 at the beginning of this thread, I'm pondering if I should still do a review... :speak_no_evil:

Jun 25, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #960 of 1,275
I'm going to try like hell.

What are you guys using for tips? My left ear piece keeps losing seal with spiral and spin fits. Might need bi flange for these.

Bi flange work a little better, but unfortunately they pop off the stem. If I'm stationary, no issues with spiral dots or spin fits. I have to figure a way to get better bi flange tips that stay on the stem.

P5 are easier to drive than the Ref 1, in case anyone cares. With a good seal, the bass is quite good on the P5, but never over done. Hits very hard, hardest I've heard from a BA driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back