New to the community, so would appreciate some help regarding a portable amp for the Philips Fidelio l1.
Nov 14, 2012 at 12:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Groenn

New Head-Fier
[size=10pt]Hi everyone![/size]

[size=10pt]I have been a passive observer for some time on the forums, and after saving up and finding quite a bargain on the l1, I now have space in the budget for a portable amp![/size]

[size=10pt]As it is a fairly low impedance and my sources generally do not have any issues with the volume so I guess I don’t really need an amp to increase the volume, but it rather would be to increase the sq.[/size]

[size=10pt]Sources:[/size]
[size=10pt]My source is at the moment an iPhone 4 with an old iPod shuffle on the side. I intend to get a Sansa Clip+/Zip after the holidays.[/size]

[size=10pt]With regard to a DAC, it is not a priority as I would in general listen on the go or when I am moving around the apartment. But in the future it could prove useful.[/size]

[size=10pt]But as I haven’t tried the Sansa Clip before I do not know if I even would benefit from an amplifier.[/size]

[size=10pt]Questions:[/size]
[size=10pt]Would I benefit from using an amp?[/size]
[size=10pt]Which low budget amp aprox $120 would pair the best with the L1’s?[/size]

Any sort of clarification with regard to the subjet is appreciated! 

[size=10pt]Thanks in advance![/size]

[size=10pt]Groenn[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back