NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Nov 6, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #3,977 of 4,019
Audio compatibility is pretty good: MP3, WMA, ATRAC, ATRAC Advanced Lossless, WAV, AAC, HE-AAC, FLAC, Apple Lossless and AIFF formats are all supported. DSD files are not supported – you’d have to convert to Linear PCM first.
Read more at http://www.whathifi.com/sony/nwz-zx1/review#O7GrpeHWLctRz5C2.99

Nov 10, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #3,978 of 4,019

Well, I'm not here to agree or disagree with you just say my thoughts. I was actually waiting for something like this. 

To be honest I'm not particularly interested in your thoughts, plenty of others in DX50 and DX90 threads hearing differences with branded batteries, but also keep in mind my intention of testing different batteries was never for any sound quality changes as I tried to explain several times clearly in my above post, more importantly run times. What happened after your guess is as good as mine, but I'm sure going to say something if I hear it and not keep quiet.

Before this goes on for several posts of back and forth just be happy with your opinion. 
smile.gif

Not Working >> Working
That probably takes priority of sound quality.. Just my opinion lol

Nov 11, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #3,979 of 4,019
  Not Working >> Working
That probably takes priority of sound quality.. Just my opinion lol

I didn't spend too much to time with it. In reality to keep the Walkman going you need only two batteries to switch between, one charge will get you about 8-10 hours roughly. I can understand high powered torch junkies wanting maximum battery capacity and ability as I've done research and seen Ultrafire batteries are quite frowned upon in the torch hobby. We aren't trying to obtain 9000LM here at a constant rate, merely power a little MP3 player for a few hours at a time.

Dec 8, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #3,985 of 4,019
For anyone in Australia interested, I'm selling the modified Z1050 Walkman.

I've had it long enough now to know the modification is a reliable and want to try something else.

You can find the sale in my signature below.

Dec 19, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #3,987 of 4,019
Go for it I would say. After the update my Z seems a bit smoother and snappier user interface wise. I also believe sound has again been tweaked for the better as soundstage seems even more wide and bass more detailed. Treble also more clear and detailed. Great how Sony keeps improving my favourite player!

Media Go update I didn't do yet, so can't help you with that.

Dec 20, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #3,988 of 4,019
Go for it I would say. After the update my Z seems a bit smoother and snappier user interface wise. I also believe sound has again been tweaked for the better as soundstage seems even more wide and bass more detailed. Treble also more clear and detailed. Great how Sony keeps improving my favourite player!

Media Go update I didn't do yet, so can't help you with that.

You 100% sure on this?  Not experiencing any improvements with this update lol

Dec 20, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #3,989 of 4,019
You 100% sure on this?  Not experiencing any improvements with this update lol

Might be a bit psychological as well then:) However if Sony would inform us they did minor tweaking for the better with this update in the sound department, I would definitely believe it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back