New Sony high-end DSD gear, including a USB DAC
Dec 13, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #391 of 401
  Hi Guys, has anyone had any trouble with HAP Transfer ( HAP-S1 ) softwear, i.e. Says the number of files to transfer, green bar starts, then i keep getting a message saying....."The selected device is not connected. The files can't be copied. Please confirm the power of the device and connection"

Network status says connected, on the player itself. Any help, much appreciated !

Hey! The only time I ever had that error was a year ago when a bunch of the units all were fed a bad firmware update by Sony which prevented them all from playing music even though they'd turn on and work otherwise. They'd all turn on but not music would play. And that was the error I'd get trying to connect with my Mac. Would also have similar error connecting to HAP with iPhone/iPad.

I guess I'd ask you - what about connecting to it with an iPhone/iPad etc - using the Sony app for mobile on wi-fi - does it give you the same issue?

Dec 13, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #392 of 401

Hey! The only time I ever had that error was a year ago when a bunch of the units all were fed a bad firmware update by Sony which prevented them all from playing music even though they'd turn on and work otherwise. They'd all turn on but not music would play. And that was the error I'd get trying to connect with my Mac. Would also have similar error connecting to HAP with iPhone/iPad.

I guess I'd ask you - what about connecting to it with an iPhone/iPad etc - using the Sony app for mobile on wi-fi - does it give you the same issue?

Thanks for your reply. I've now got it working, but it keeps losing connection, so have to keep re-starting the transfer. I had to change my router recently and i think this could be the problem ?

I don't have iPhone / iPad device.

Dec 21, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #393 of 401
HAP music softwear is a pain in the ass !!! Is it possible to connect a USB computer cable into the HAP-S1 and transfer files this way ??

Doesn't look like there's any connection the back of the player, to connect to laptop ? Is there any other way to transfer music files, other than HAP transfer ??

I think it's my router that's the problem ?

Dec 28, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #394 of 401
The question has been asked in the past but as I've read through, not answered. I am assuming that many are running their "hard to drive" headphones (planar magnetic) through the HAP-S1 headphone jack without problems.  Others drive their cans from the backside, which I have no clue whether is good or bad or better. But I have the Hifiman HE-560s and they seem to drive quite fine. I have sent them back to be replaced due to a distortion heard during crescendos and various other places (for some reason Bob Weir's voice lol) among other recordings here and there. On the Hifiman 560 forum someone suggested that it may not have been the fault of the cans but the amplifier output. I know that many are driving the cans with a 4 watt DAC and I can only assume that the HAP-S1 is at least that if not more. I don't see any reports of actual numbers of output at the jack. I've also scanned over so many Sony info pdfs and sites without finding that info. So just a question. Is it driving the planar magnetic cans sufficiently? Specifically the Hifiman HE560s. (I did see a reference to the HE6 working fine) Thanks  

May 25, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #395 of 401
I purchased the new Sony STR-DN1080 4K Hi Res AVR last Friday. Got my HAP-S1 connected to it, of course, & i haven't heard the HAP-S1 sound as good as this. It sounded very good before, but this new AVR has taken it to another level. Everything sounds fantastic connected to this, including my Sony ZX2 & Fiio X5ii. More than happy !

May 25, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #396 of 401
I purchased the new Sony STR-DN1080 4K Hi Res AVR last Friday. Got my HAP-S1 connected to it, of course, & i haven't heard the HAP-S1 sound as good as this. It sounded very good before, but this new AVR has taken it to another level. Everything sounds fantastic connected to this, including my Sony ZX2 & Fiio X5ii. More than happy !

Huh? Why would you do this?

May 28, 2017 at 3:21 AM Post #399 of 401
Both. also multi channel Hi-Fi

I do not have seperate speakers for my HAP-S1, often thought about using it as a stand alone unit, ( to use it's own amplifier ) but connected it up to my previous Sony amp, ( for some reason i automatically got 2.1 channel ) With this new 4K amp it's automatically going to multi channel stereo soundfield & it sounds excellent. Much more of an immersive sound. Really enjoying it & very pleased i upgraded.

Apr 12, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #400 of 401
Sony recently announced a bunch of new high-end gear along with a DSD high-resolution download website.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-5...again/?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheAudiophiliac

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/sony-backs-hi-res-audio-big-time/

http://www.whathifi.com/news/sony-l...audio-product-range-and-hi-res-downloads-site

Here's the gear they introduced. All are available in black or silver.

UDA-1 USB DAC ($799). It's a desktop-sized (9-inch wide) DSD DAC with headphone amp and a 20 WPC stereo class AB speaker amp. Nice one-box solution. The only similarly-sized units with DAC, headphone amp, and speaker amp that I can think of are the Bel Canto C7R and the Teac A-H01.

HAP-Z1ES music server ($1999). Full-width 17-inch wide component. Can upsample audio to DSD quality. Contains a 1TB HDD. Ethernet and USB HDD inputs only. The "ES" in the name means it's from Sony's flagship line.

HAP-S1 music server, DAC, and stereo amp ($999). Looks like a cross between the two units. 10-inches wide. Contains a 500GB HDD, USB HDD port, and a 40 WPC stereo speaker amp. Optical and ethernet inputs but no USB audio input.

TA-A1ES integrated amp (unknown price). No DAC. Gorgeous minimalism.

That won’t fit all my music I have 2.3TB they need to release bigger storage devices.

Jun 29, 2023 at 6:48 AM Post #401 of 401
I have the HAP-Z1ES media server activated, but don't know how to stream to my iPhone from it so I can play music on my bluetooth speaker in my detached home gym. My home gym Wi-Fi is the same network as the HAP-Z1ES, which is in the house. What apps will see it? I tried the Sony app, but it is listed as being supported by it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back