New Sony DAPs
Oct 30, 2008 at 4:22 PM Post #91 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FYI, the S630F/S730F not even for sale in my country, the country where it was manufactured. Funny eh?

That's just weird!! It's not available there yet? I just picked up an S639 from Amazon UK, which arrived today. It's like someone took the 829, stuck it on a boil wash, and out popped the shrunken 639 version
biggrin.gif

I noticed someone asking if it was 'fatiguing' like the 618. Well, I had the 618 for 24 hours before selling it, not because it was fatiguing, but because it sounded almost the same as my 808, which isn't as 'warm' as the 829. So I'm looking forward to trying the new one... when I get the music transferred, that is. I think the Westone 3 will come out before I ever finish transferring, what is is with the snail-like transfer speeds?
confused_face(1).gif

Oct 30, 2008 at 7:05 PM Post #92 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel you, I checkin' SonyStyle on a daily basis in the US - no luck!!!

I wonder if you can just order one from the Canadian site.
Reader Digital Book - eBook Reader - MP3 Player - Bluetooth - MP3 Players - FM Tuner*MP3 Players - NWZS639FB - Sony Style Canada

Oddly enough, you can't get the S738 here...only goes up to S736. And the 638 only comes in black here and red in the US. Sometimes I wonder if there's any method to Sony's distribution madness...
confused_face(1).gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #93 of 99
soozieq, does previous Sony lineup also slow in transferring files under MTP? this is my 1st drag and drop Sony, previously using SonicStage which is even badass.

time taken to fill up 16GB probably will charge the battery FULL lol.

Oct 31, 2008 at 8:21 AM Post #96 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by insicor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if you can just order one from the Canadian site.
Reader Digital Book - eBook Reader - MP3 Player - Bluetooth - MP3 Players - FM Tuner*MP3 Players - NWZS639FB - Sony Style Canada

Oddly enough, you can't get the S738 here...only goes up to S736. And the 638 only comes in black here and red in the US. Sometimes I wonder if there's any method to Sony's distribution madness...
confused_face(1).gif

Nope, no dice. They DON'T ship to the US. Thanks for the effort.

Nov 9, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #98 of 99
192kbps or above. It's best, IMO, to always rip to the highest bitrate that the device can handle. This ensures that you get the best SQ possible.

Nov 10, 2008 at 9:50 AM Post #99 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by padam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What bitrate should I use for AAC LC encoding to achieve the best SQ? (not using the stock earbuds)

Highest quality using Nero AAC encoder produces excellent results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back