New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Mar 8, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #46 of 1,937

Quote:
It'd be interesting to see them compared to the RE-ZERO, ECCI PR401, and SW X-scape in terms of technical sonic quality alone, setting the sound sig preference aside.

Placing them at $99 just placed them into the firing range of the Klipsch Custom 3 as well (though those are kinda hard to come across nowadays, I think), and if bass is the strength of the SE215, it'll be interesting to see the Custom 3 and SE215 go head to head with one another IMO

Waiting on some of these comparisons as well, really want to see how they stack up in a very crowded $100 division. 
popcorn.gif

Mar 8, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #47 of 1,937
vs hje900?

Mar 8, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #48 of 1,937
I bit on these as well. The price was just right for an impulse buy. My RE0's just can't give me the fun/motivation (aka bass) I want when I'm working out and while the VB's are bass monsters, they are definitely not comfy.  I'm hoping these will be the back-up to my W4's.  While I don't expect them to be on par with the W4's, I'm hoping they'll be a nice blend of the RE0's and VB's.  Heck, I kind of hope they'll be like my 840's (fun).  I should have them early next week. 

Mar 8, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #49 of 1,937
Me too! I'm holding off on buying a pair of SW X-scapes until, hopefully, a comparison arises. I'm leaning towards X-scapes because they lean towards the bass, but I want to know if the se215's have decent mids and highs as well.

Quote:
It'd be interesting to see them compared to the RE-ZERO, ECCI PR401, and SW X-scape in terms of technical sonic quality alone, setting the sound sig preference aside.

Placing them at $99 just placed them into the firing range of the Klipsch Custom 3 as well (though those are kinda hard to come across nowadays, I think), and if bass is the strength of the SE215, it'll be interesting to see the Custom 3 and SE215 go head to head with one another IMO

Mar 8, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #50 of 1,937
Oh boy now I I got Joey's Impressions to look forward to as well 
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #51 of 1,937
LOL I have a feeling it's going be a busy week for this thread next week :) I just want to know how the heck some people managed to get these already!!! I will be lucky if I have mine by next Friday being in Canada and having to deal with customs and all DOH! I don't know what will be worse, seeing negative comments and then wondering if I made a wise choice or seeing glowing comments and then wishing they would arrive already! LOL

Mar 10, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #53 of 1,937
well according to Earphone Solutions my pair is now on it's way :). Now I get to see how fast or slow US and Canada Post is DOH! Hopefully fast :wink:

Mar 10, 2011 at 10:28 AM Post #57 of 1,937

Quote:
Same situation here.    I have the Fischer Eternas to compare to when they arrive.  Hopefully will get some good time with them tomorrow.    That and the iPad 2 coming out...it shall be a good day!

I will be placing my iPad 2 order online at 3:00 AM EST tonight :)

Still debating between white and black...

Mar 10, 2011 at 11:27 AM Post #58 of 1,937

Quote:
Same situation here.    I have the Fischer Eternas to compare to when they arrive.  Hopefully will get some good time with them tomorrow.    That and the iPad 2 coming out...it shall be a good day!

I have a pair of the Eterna's as well and am quite interesting in your comparison between the two. Do you have V1 or V2 of the Eterna's? The Shure from just a physical standpoint look to fit more "flush" or in the ear than the Eterna's which protrude a bit for me. Also, the build quality seems to be more solid on the Shure's.

Mar 10, 2011 at 11:40 AM Post #59 of 1,937
Quote:
I have a pair of the Eterna's as well and am quite interesting in your comparison between the two. Do you have V1 or V2 of the Eterna's? The Shure from just a physical standpoint look to fit more "flush" or in the ear than the Eterna's which protrude a bit for me. Also, the build quality seems to be more solid on the Shure's.

I've got the Eterna's also (V1), and I just don't like em...so hopefully these SE215s are more to my liking.  :)  Way too much hype around here for the Eternas as far as I'm concerned...but alas, everyone's ears are different.

Mar 10, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #60 of 1,937

Quote:

I've got the Eterna's also (V1), and I just don't like em...so hopefully these SE215s are more to my liking.  :)  Way too much hype around here for the Eternas as far as I'm concerned...but alas, everyone's ears are different.

I totally understand someone not really being a fan of the Eterna V1's. I really do enjoy mine and think they are a great "rock out" sort of iem where I just put them in and jam. However, if you are looking for more than that there are better options out there, that is for sure. As for them being over hyped, I think it's just that for their particular sound they do a great job for the money however if one doesn't enjoy that particular sound signature than yes they would probably not be viewed too well.

I think with the Eterna's the term YMMV really applies quite strongly 
biggrin.gif

Is it wrong that I'm wishing everyone would hurry up and get their SE215's so I can hear about them? 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back