New Set of In-Ears
Sep 9, 2009 at 10:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

M0T0XGUY

Headphoneus Supremus
Last Monday, my trusty ER-6i's sort of died on me - the right earpiece isn't quite capable of producing recognizable frequencies anymore. Rather than send the three to four year old Ety's back for repair, I figured fate may have provided me a chance to upgrade to something a bit more serious. The truth is, I've always secretly wanted a set of customs, but have considered them a rather frivolous item until recently.

I also admit that it's been awhile since I've done research into portable earphones - or headphones of any kind, for that matter. Lately I've been spending quite a bit more time and money on photography, letting my audio hobby sort of slip into the background in the process.

Thus, I'm asking the good folks of Head-Fi to once again help empty my wallet for the benefit of my ears; hopefully the criteria provided below will help you guys accomplish that:

Budget
$100-$300

Sound
I'm an indie rock fan, so midrange is my thing. That is, afterall, why I own a set of RS-1s and a rather warm sounding tube amp. Hopefully, you guys can recommend me some earphones that display a midrange heavy sound and a warm low-end - but without much hint of treble recession. Note that although I reference customs in an above paragraph, I'm not limiting myself to earphones of that type.

Regards,
Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back