NEW Sennheiser HD380 Pro
Feb 24, 2011 at 4:00 AM Post #16 of 18

Quote:
I just listened to it at Guitar Center... an utter disappointment! Lacks bass! HeadRoom is NOW using a different reference graph for sealed headphones. Just look at the NEW HD280 Pro graph on their site- it is definitely not like their old graph they had for the past few years, and the old graph was much more true when I tried HD 280 Pro.

All in all, the HD380 Pro and HD 280 Pro is the much like the HD555-HD595 relationship-little change! If you want a cheap sound, get HD 201s, which I seem to like better!

I am thinking of buying these headphones, what did you think of them? Would you recommend them? i listen to all kinds of music including classical, pop, rap, the only genre i dont listen to is heavy metal... 

Feb 25, 2011 at 6:00 AM Post #17 of 18

Quote:
I am thinking of buying these headphones, what did you think of them? Would you recommend them? i listen to all kinds of music including classical, pop, rap, the only genre i dont listen to is heavy metal... 

I've auditioned these against Shure 840s and 440s along with my own HD2080s. The bass extension is excellent but it's not extreme - I'd describe it as very natural. I found they worked well with pop/rock/electronic. However with Jazz and classical they were very disappointing. Strings sounded strange, very unnatural and piano was unlistenable for me. It was like listening to a Casio Portable keyboard when it was actually a Steinway. The sound stage was excellent and I'd imagine that if you had a certain range of music these would be very enjoyable.

Feb 26, 2011 at 8:17 AM Post #18 of 18

Quote:
I've auditioned these against Shure 840s and 440s along with my own HD2080s. The bass extension is excellent but it's not extreme - I'd describe it as very natural.I found they worked well with pop/rock/electronic. However with Jazz and classical they were very disappointing. Strings sounded strange, very unnatural and piano was unlistenable for me. It was like listening to a Casio Portable keyboard when it was actually a Steinway.The sound stage was excellent and I'd imagine that if you had a certain range of music these would be very enjoyable.

Thanks for your help, i mostly listen to rap and pop but i do use them occasionally for classical. Finding places where you can try out the headphones you want or to be able to return them is proving quite hard. I tried the monster studio beats properly for about 20-30 minutes. They cost £280. They are easily comparable to my £40 sennheisers. Except for the bass, the beats have loud booming bass. Great for having a mini rave in your headphones (well in the room actually by how much sound they leak) but horrible for actually listening to music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back