New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Feb 28, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #1,051 of 9,484
yea i wonder what the speaker section will be like also. 

Feb 28, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #1,054 of 9,484
I think Jason already pretty much guaranteed no remote for the Rag because of various certifications needed (additional cost) to add the digital remote volume control.  I as well would love to see it, but a lost hope for this particular piece...it seems.

Feb 28, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #1,056 of 9,484
Jason,

Just curious here, but what is the likelihood of a Mjolnir upgrade after the release of the Ragnarok, similar to the:

Gungnir release --> Bifrost upgrade
Mjolnir release --> Asgard 2

Feb 28, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #1,057 of 9,484
  The speaker taps and headphone outs are using the same gainstage. The performance of both are linked, if one sounds good the other should as well. 

that sounds good - i might sell  my WA2 and get the Rag. It would be nice to have the DNA and the Rag side by side

Feb 28, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #1,058 of 9,484
  Jason,

Just curious here, but what is the likelihood of a Mjolnir upgrade after the release of the Ragnarok, similar to the:

Gungnir release --> Bifrost upgrade
Mjolnir release --> Asgard 2

I don't think it's likely until after the tube Rag gets released. Even then, I'd update the Lyr first, since the Mjolnir is extremely good as it stands.

Feb 28, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #1,059 of 9,484
  The speaker taps and headphone outs are using the same gainstage. The performance of both are linked, if one sounds good the other should as well. 

So HE-6 should work fine with just headphone outs?

Mar 1, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #1,062 of 9,484
I really hope for the existence of both types of balanced outputs (2 x 3-pin XLR + 4-pin XLR) in a hybrid version. At the moment, it is critical for me, as I plan to simultaneously driving two pairs of HE-6 (with balanced headphone cables by Artisan Silver Cables & Revelation Audio Labs). At one time was a little disappointed that Ragnarok SS deprived 2 x 3-pin XLR. Otherwise I'll have to choose B22...

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #1,063 of 9,484
Why would you want to drive 2 HE6's?

AB?

Highly anticipating this amp. Loved the Mojo and this should be a champ performer if it is representing Schiits statement/flagship status amp.

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #1,064 of 9,484
Alot of the excitement I once had for the Ragnarok has dwindled for me.  I have been looking forward to this amp since they announced it, but after cycling through so many top tier amps (Liquid glass, WA22, Bryston BHA, soloist, Taboo, DNA stratus etc) I'm not sure substantial gains over the Mjolnir are even possible.  The WA22 is the only amp which I have unequivocally preferred over the Mjolnir and I simply couldn't justify its price.  Although I have yet to try the Auralic Taurus mkII, most top tier amps I tried struggle to compete w/ Mjolnir's price/sq ratio IMO.  I still find the Mjolnir aggressive sounding, but its a minor quibble that I live with.

Mar 1, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #1,065 of 9,484
  Alot of the excitement I once had for the Ragnarok has dwindled for me.  I have been looking forward to this amp since they announced it, but after cycling through so many top tier amps (Liquid glass, WA22, Bryston BHA, soloist, Taboo, DNA stratus etc) I'm not sure substantial gains over the Mjolnir are even possible.  The WA22 is the only amp which I have unequivocally preferred the Mjolnir too and I simply couldn't justify its price.  Although I have yet to try the Auralic Taurus mkII, most top tier amps I tried struggle to compete w/ Mjolnir's price/sq ratio IMO.  I still find the Mjolnir aggressive sounding, but its a minor quibble that I live with.

If you unequivocally preferred the Mjolnir to the WA22, why would you need to justify the WA22's price ?  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back