New scammer on Head-fi FS forum
Nov 29, 2007 at 5:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Cankin

Headphoneus Supremus
Received my Lite dac-ah and said it was defected. I refunded him the full amount and never sent it back to me. I PM'ed him for at least 10 times and emailed him for 3 - 4 times and never replied me!

Nov 29, 2007 at 5:24 PM Post #2 of 20
Always get goods back before issuing any refund.

But otherwise... How long have you been waiting?

Nov 29, 2007 at 5:26 PM Post #3 of 20
Do not do this and post any of the suspected person's information.

Never do what you just did; delete all of what you have above and contact an admin instead; they will help you through this problem.

Nov 29, 2007 at 5:28 PM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Never do what you just did; delete all of what you have above and contact an admin instead; they will help you through this problem.

well I think after a long time and if the mods are powerless to do anything posting the scammers info is fine (this is imo of course). However this should definitely be a last resort, usually you should give it some time then admin, then public thread i guess.

Nov 29, 2007 at 5:37 PM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did not break any forum rules here

Nov 29, 2007 at 5:40 PM Post #7 of 20
you mention that you pm'd and emailed him, but you don't say whether you've ever spoken with him though you give a phone #. have you made other attempts to contact him? have you contacted any mods about this matter?

Nov 29, 2007 at 5:40 PM Post #8 of 20
You DO know that Head-Fi was down for two weeks, right? Also, you have his phone number, might I suggest you try to call him?

I would suggest you take his personal info down for now.

[EDIT] For the record: Hollywood, CA is thousands of miles from Toronto, ON.

Nov 29, 2007 at 5:43 PM Post #9 of 20
I'm sorry that since I really dowt understand that. What's wrong with posting a scammer's info here? wouldn't that be a good thing since anyone else is having less chance to be scammed??

Nov 29, 2007 at 5:46 PM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sorry that since I really down understand that. What wrong with posting a scammer's info here? wouldn't that be a good thing since anyone else is having less chance to be scammed??

Just posting their username is fine for now. Like others said, why didn't you try calling him yet? It may be worth the phone bill price in the end.
wink.gif

In the meantime, mods have been able to solve some FS issues before. It's like informing the cops before you go all vigilante. Besides, the mods can log the suspected person's IP address, to make sure they do not make another account on here.

Nov 29, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #11 of 20
Ok, I just called him and he said he didn't get the money back and he said he didn't check his paypal carefully !! I'll take his info off for now

and if he doesn't send me the tracking number or send me back the money in 1 week, I'll call him again!

Nov 29, 2007 at 6:02 PM Post #12 of 20
I think you are jumping the gun here. As mentioned earlier, Headfi was down for 2 weeks and that might be one of the reasons you havent gotten a reply. You really must give it more time, or try alternative methods of contacting the person before coming to a conclusion that its a scam. It might well be, I'm not saying its definitely not, but really...1 month isnt that long.

Nov 29, 2007 at 9:39 PM Post #15 of 20
That sucks!
Beware of scammers, everywhere you go...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back