New SACD releases, Pink Floyd, Peter Gabriel
Mar 21, 2003 at 12:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

aeberbach

Headphoneus Supremus
I signed up for a newsletter when I ordered some SACDs, and surprise! Interesting information. Which I pass on to you.

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon - release 25th March, moved up from mid-April!

Peter Gabriel - Birdy Soundtrack
(Street Date: April 29)

Peter Gabriel - Passion: The Last Temptation of Christ

Peter Gabriel - 1 (Car)

Peter Gabriel - 2

Peter Gabriel - 3

Peter Gabriel - Plays Live

Peter Gabriel - Security

Peter Gabriel - Shaking The Tree: 16 Golden Greats

Peter Gabriel - So

Peter Gabriel - Us

Peter Gabriel - Up
(Street Date: April 15)

There was much more text but I trimmed it. Nice!

Mar 21, 2003 at 9:09 PM Post #5 of 15
April 29th is going to be a big day
biggrin.gif

/U.

Mar 22, 2003 at 3:29 AM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by markl
Are these dual-layer or single? Anyone know?

Mark

I just received an email from Elusive Disk, and they list Dark Side of the Moon as a Hybrid Multi-Channel Stereo SACD.

Mar 22, 2003 at 3:50 AM Post #8 of 15
I've said this before: the day that they release My Life in a Bush of Ghosts in new format, I'm in. This is, however, very tempting.

Mar 22, 2003 at 7:57 PM Post #10 of 15
I would've picked up my new DSOTM disc without convincing, but here's a glowing review for those who need and extra push:

HighFidelityReview.com link

It mainly deals with the multichannel mix, but it basically says everything about it is great.

Mar 22, 2003 at 10:28 PM Post #11 of 15
WOW my all time favorite album, no excuse now... need that SACD player... I will not be able to sleep at night...

Mar 24, 2003 at 10:33 PM Post #12 of 15
I just finished my first listen to the DSOTM sacd. It's incredible. If ever there was a single disc to push the format, this is it! Simply phenomenal 5.1 and stereo sacd mixes, and a redbook stereo mix that easily beats any other redbook version out there.

I highly recommend - nay, I order anyone with an sacd player to get this cd!
biggrin.gif
(Particularly if you've got a surround setup, as well!)

Mar 24, 2003 at 11:46 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by AdamP88
I just finished my first listen to the DSOTM sacd. It's incredible. If ever there was a single disc to push the format, this is it! Simply phenomenal 5.1 and stereo sacd mixes, and a redbook stereo mix that easily beats any other redbook version out there.

I highly recommend - nay, I order anyone with an sacd player to get this cd!
biggrin.gif
(Particularly if you've got a surround setup, as well!)

I thought the release date was April 8? Has it been moved up?

Mar 25, 2003 at 10:18 AM Post #14 of 15
elusivedisc.com always had the release date as March 25th, although I guess even they had it a little late. In any case...go grab it now!
biggrin.gif

I'm listening to it through headphones for the first time right now....holy **** this is good! The quality is downright astonishing.

Apr 2, 2003 at 7:45 PM Post #15 of 15
I bought DSOM on SACD from BestBuy for $14! They had it placed with the other CD's, not with the SACD's. I was impressed that it played on my 1994 Magnavox Shelf system. Compared to my original DSOM I have on CD it sounds more detailed, brighter, and louder. Compared to my 20th anneversary remastered CD it sounds a little more detailed and plays a little louder. I need a much better sound system to hear any major differences between the 20th annervsiary CD and SACD versions. I was very suprised to find the added orchastration music that you can faintly hear at the end of the album on the new SACD. This orchastration music is not present on my original DSOM CD, but is present on the 20th anneversiary CD and now on the SACD version as well. Can anyone out there verify if this orchastration music occurs during 5.1 SACD playback?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back