New RHA IEMs: The MA750i and MA600i
Oct 13, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #181 of 542
How would they fall out? Seriously?

These may be the heaviest IEMs I've tried in my search for a replacement. Weight and lack of a perfect fit can make them fall out no matter how much you wrap them around your ears.

Mine are staying in just now as I sit at a desk typing this. It helps if I don't move. Trying different tips for a better fit also helped. YMMV!

Oct 13, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #182 of 542
I can relate to phones not fitting in the ear. I had this issue with the KEF M200s. Have you guys tried something like Sony hybrids and if you have some ear guides I would try throwing on some ear guides to help stiffen the cable so they hold in place better.

The tips are very important to how these fit as they are horn shaped. Gotta get a nice tight seal in the canal. Weight would only be an issue if you have a tips that are too small and or otherwise fall out anyway.

Oct 14, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #184 of 542
  Hi Ultrainferno,

We're very sorry to hear that you're struggling to get the proper fit with your ear tips- if you could please drop us an email at customercare@reidheath.com we'll be able to help.

Thanks,
RHA Team

That's a thing of beauty to see.  I wish Onkyo offered the same response for the IE-FC300 earphones,

Oct 14, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #185 of 542
Ahhh, I'm not the only one with fit problems (sometimes it seems like I am). I want to like these, really I do, and the sound on them is nice, if not the best I own. I do find it difficult to get a good seal as well. They may not "fall out" as in the sense of hitting the ground (the wire over the ear does prevent that, as noted), but they don't stay in the ear canal to give a seal (my ears, of course). If I hold them in place, I can hear what they sound like, but when I let go, seal is broken within a short while. By holding them in, I can give them a good listen and hear what they are SUPPOSED to sound like, (did that for some comparisons on the Discovery thread), but it's impractical (and looks silly outside). I did email the address given above, see what they suggest (I tried many of the enclosed tips, btw, and many more I have collected). As a side note, I like to fall asleep with iem's in, and it actually helps these. Since the outside casing is flat, you can put your head down that way, and it pushes the iem in, so that the side down gets a good seal 
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 15, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #186 of 542
Haven't worn them out of the house yet, but soundwise, they may be the best I've tried!

Oct 16, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #189 of 542
I was also impressed that RHA had interest in the fit discussions here, so I emailed the address listed above that they gave. They did reply. Basically, they gave me a link to the Comply tip site, and said that was all they could suggest (I tried this, didn't do the trick...they actually put foam tips in with the iem's). I get a decent fit with one of the enclosed tips, but it is very tentative, seal breaks if I make any sudden (or not so sudden) move.
As far as sound goes...these are indeed very nice, especially for the price. I did get a request on the Discovery thread to compare them to the Sony XBA-3 and the Monster Gratitude, both of which I like very much. IMO, the RHA beats them in soundstage width, openness/space between instruments, has a good bass. Overall, though, I like both the others better; they put more "meat" on the instruments, detail better, definitely fit/seal better (I know, the sound may be due to fit on the RHA, but I try to do comparisons with the best seal I can manage, even holding the tips in place by hand some of the time). YMMV, lots of people think they are the best thing since PBJ (and, I do like them, definitely fine performers for the price), just my $0.02

Oct 17, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #192 of 542
Comply t200 tips really help with getting a seal and comfort. I was having trouble with the silicon tips and I couldn't get on with the included memory foam tips (too small) but the comply tips have really helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back