*NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT* Jerry Harvey Audio - Performance Series Universal Fit IEMs
Nov 18, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #16 of 218
Hi Guys,

We still have a partnership with AK with the new Michelle which is $499.00 and. Has the same ergonomic shell as the performance series. Also with the full metal jacket series. These new pieces are just through us at JH.

Very glad you brought out a universal line from JHA alone for those who prefer not to consider those works of yours with Astell Kern association. Please do let us know when the pre-orders could be announced and if any preview impressions are available from any noted reviewers like Innerfidelity or others. And this news hasn't been posted on your official website. Is HeadFi the first place you wanted to the news to break in?

Nov 18, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #19 of 218
The 13v2 is a dual low-dual mid-Quad High. These are all newly designed drivers. It is a mistake to compare IEM's by number of drivers alone. A good example is Roxanne and Layla, while both have 12 drivers per side there design, sonically and performance curve are very different. Many things factor into how a IEMs sounds and performs other than number of drivers. The Angie and the 13v2 are very different in their sonic flavor and presentation.

Nov 18, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #20 of 218
  The 13v2 is a dual low-dual mid-Quad High. These are all newly designed drivers. It is a mistake to compare IEM's by number of drivers alone. A good example is Roxanne and Layla, while both have 12 drivers per side there design, sonically and performance curve are very different. Many things factor in to how a IEMs sounds and performs other then number of drivers. The Angiw and the 13v2 are very different in their sonic flavor and presentation.

How would the 13v2 compare to an original 13 custom?

Nov 18, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #21 of 218
There are many differences between the old JH13 and the new JH13v2. The original JH13 was a 6 driver and used a 2 pin cable. The new 13v2 (both custom and Performance series) incorporates the moon audio 4 pin cable with 10db of adjustability of the bass driver. It also incorporates a newly developed quad high driver, 4th order crossover and the Steel Tube waveguide that were developed for the Layla. And of course features our patented Freqphase technology. The result is a a very flexible full range and much more dynamic earpiece, with greater high end extension then the old JH13. The shell is truly revolutionary, as noted in the announcement, we really studied the thousands of customs we have built and completely redesigned the shape of the shell. This results in a 40% smaller shell with a ergonomic fit that is really a game changer for Universal IEMs. I truly think it is the best value at its 999.00 price point! But of course I am just a little biased.......lol

Nov 18, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #22 of 218
  Their are many differences between the old JH13 and the new JH13v2. The original JH13 was a 6 driver and used a 2 pin cable. The new 13v2 (both custom and Performance series) incorporate the moon audio 4 pin Cable with 10db of adjustability of the bass driver, it also incorporates a newly developed quad high driver.  We have also incorporated the 4th order crossover and the Steel Tube waveguide that were developed for the Layla. It of course incorporates our patented Freqphase technology.The result is a a very flexable full range and much more dynamic earpeice, with greater high end extention then the old JH13. The shell is truley evolutionary as noted in the announcement we really studied the thousands of customs we have built and completley redesined the shape of the shell. This results in a 40% smaller shell with a ergonomic fit that is really a gamechanger for Universal IEMs. I truley think it is the best value at its 999.00 price point! But of course I am just a little bias.......lol

But JH Audio's website says JH13v2 custom has a 6-driver configuration. 

Nov 18, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #23 of 218
Hello all,

I often don't get the opportunity to post as much as I have been as normally my day just gets away from me. That said Sue and I are in Jamaica on a little vacation and its raining now for 2 days. So ask any questions you want. I am excited about our new Performance Series and will be down here for a few more days. So I am all yours at least till the sun comes out again!

Nov 18, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #27 of 218
Hi Todd,

Its very hard for us to offer longer warrenties then one year and there are several reasons for that. First our component manufacturers only give us a one year warrenty on their drivers. That coupled with that IEMs and Audio gear in general is subject to abuses beyond the given spec. Many times some end users overdrive their IEMs and blow drivers. Also people tend to treat IEMs, even though they are expensive, on the rough side. We give you a Metal or carbon fiber case to carry them in to protect them, but many people do not treat them as well as they should. JH IEMS are made tough to withstand the uses and abuses of professional stage use thereby they are generally tougher than other companies. That said they are not indestructable.

Nov 18, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #28 of 218
  Their are many differences between the old JH13 and the new JH13v2. The original JH13 was a 6 driver and used a 2 pin cable. The new 13v2 (both custom and Performance series) incorporate the moon audio 4 pin Cable with 10db of adjustability of the bass driver, it also incorporates a newly developed quad high driver.  We have also incorporated the 4th order crossover and the Steel Tube waveguide that were developed for the Layla. It of course incorporates our patented Freqphase technology.The result is a a very flexable full range and much more dynamic earpeice, with greater high end extention then the old JH13. The shell is truley evolutionary as noted in the announcement we really studied the thousands of customs we have built and completley redesined the shape of the shell. This results in a 40% smaller shell with a ergonomic fit that is really a gamechanger for Universal IEMs. I truley think it is the best value at its 999.00 price point! But of course I am just a little bias.......lol

Interesting. I had an original 13Pro custom but had a lot of fit issues. I loved the sound when I could get it sealed correctly, unfortunately some issues with my ear prevented me from getting the fit rectified. Are these new shell designs a more deep insertion that's more similar to customs?

Nov 18, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #30 of 218
Hi Todd,

Its very hard for us to offer longer warrenties then one year and there are several reasons for that. First our component manufacturers only give us a one year warrenty on their drivers. That coupled with that IEMs and Audio gear in general is subject to abuses beyond the given spec. Many times some end users overdrive their IEMs and blow drivers. Also people tend to treat IEMs, even though they are expensive, on the rough side. We give you a Metal or carbon fiber case to carry them in to protect them, but many people do not treat them as well as they should. JH IEMS are made tough to withstand the uses and abuses of professional stage use thereby they are generally tougher than other companies. That said they are not indestructable.

Thanks Andy,
Some other companies are offering a 2 yr and i was hoping JH would also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back