New Portable Rig - With Pictures
Jun 29, 2008 at 2:23 PM Post #16 of 22
safety wise, i was wondering, do you think that people are less likely to rob you if you wear custom fits, because it looks like you have a hearing disability. a friend pointed this out to me, and my response was, that a person that robs is not likely to care if the person is disabled or not.

Oh, and don't become paranoid, it depends on where you live. if you only rarely use it at lunch, why do you even have it? unless you use it in the car, in which case, don't.

Jun 29, 2008 at 2:36 PM Post #17 of 22
I hadn't thought about the hearing disability viewpoint. But, I agree that a person motivated enough to rob you, is not likely to have a softer side that makes them think twice if they perceive some disability.

No, I don't use them just at lunch, but that's the one place where it's more public. I use them throughout the day in my office but I'm not too concerned about that.

Jun 30, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by FiNoobie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great rig! I have a set of a few good components and have always wondered if the cables make a noticeable difference. How much difference did they make for you?

I'm definitely in the camp that recabling makes a difference. On interconnects, I think it makes a difference, but there is a point of quickly diminishing returns. Headphone recabling I think can make a HUGE difference. IMO the single biggest difference in changing out the cables. That said, I think you'll notice those improvements more on higher end headphones.

Jul 3, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #22 of 22
Wire looks really bulky and long. Nice stuff though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back