New! pioneer se-mj751 Bass Head headphones
May 22, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #16 of 80
Quote:
I really like the HDJ-2000, but yeah the sticker price is a tough pill to swallow. You do pay for the build quality/ruggedness and name. If you don't need it for DJ use, I honestly think you can get equivalent sound quality for cheaper. 

Yup. I was doing A/B testing between the Pioneer HDJ2000 and Denon DJ HP700, and found the latter just as capable as the Pioneers. The Denons had clarity and a decent bass extension that was punchy when called for. What's even more surprising is that the HP700 can be had for between 1/2 - 1/3 of the price of the HDJ2000.

I agree on the build quality of the Pioneers, though. They look like they can survive a rough time in the bag and being thrown about on a daily basis.

May 22, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #17 of 80
I kinda wish I still had a stock HDJ-2000 for reference/comparison purposes. My pair is so heavily modded now... 

May 22, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #18 of 80
Gonna' be getting a pair of these as well.  Don't know what to expect.  I've heard many companies tout heavy bass to find that they were quite balanced.  The bass nob and the dual drivers is what intrigues me the most :p

May 22, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #20 of 80
Quote:
They are dual drivers? Haven't noticed that :O

How can I get one? I'm from EU.

Amazon/eBay haven't stocked this product yet. It is however available on GeekStuff4U, a Japanese web store.

From Pioneer's official EU site, it states that the SE-MJ751 houses a 40mm driver for low frequencies, and a 30mm driver for the mid-range/treble.

May 23, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #25 of 80
Quote:
I am very excited to get these. Mine just left Tokyo so I hope it will arrive in a couple of days.

I hope those headphones sound better than they look! :)

Quote:
Anyone here heard or seen the SE-MJ591?

Nope.

On a side note, I honestly think Pioneer should consider modifying their naming structure. :wink:

May 24, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #28 of 80
Quote:
I don't want an unboxing video, I want to know how they sound :p

That will come as soon as I get some ear time with them.  I'll compare it to the Sony XB series.

May 24, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #29 of 80
dual drivers?! subscribed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back