NEW Philips HX1 HX5 headphones and more @ CES 2016
Jan 6, 2016 at 10:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

andrs08

New Head-Fier
Of possible interest:

-         Philips HX1 and HX5 headphones range
-         Philips Flite headphones range

Full PR release here.

pd: Somebody needs to tell Tyll to stop by Gibson Brands Showcase, in Central Plaza (CP1) at CES.

Jan 30, 2017 at 12:48 AM Post #4 of 6
I actually have these burning in right now! Got it for 49 SGD at Mustafa in Little India Singapore.

Feb 2, 2017 at 7:35 AM Post #6 of 6
Well, I have the HX1 earbuds. They're a little too big for my tastes but they're light enough due to the all plastic construction. I have burned them in for 50 hrs. Of course as expected, these earphones have a warm bassy sound. With the EQ set on neutral on my iTouch 6th gen, it actually sounds very good as there is enough bass to satisfy my tastes without going too overboard. Vocals are are clear, if a little dry. Mids are there too but these are definitely V shaped in sound sig. the highs need a little taming but they're fine for me. I mean these buds are marketed for bass junkies and they don't disappoint in that regard. Putting the EQ +6db on 20 to 50hz band just makes the bass more pronounced but these earphones actually handle them very cell. There's no distortion except at the highest volume listening levels and theres pretty good tone and decay to the bass. These of course are not very detailed earphones but then again I wasn't expecting them to. The pulsating lighting to the beat of ur music is abit of a gimmick actually as I'm not quite sure what beat the lights dance to, certainly it doesn't visually correspond to the bass notes and power and rhythm of the song. I think it has like a preset pattern of blinking and glowing.

I bought these earphones for fun and the fact that they had a lighting function just added to my curiosity but overall if you like to be seen, maybe at night while walking and you like bass heavy music then these earphones are for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back