[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Mar 24, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #1,096 of 5,962
Monoprice also makes a cable that will work:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021816&p_id=9765&seq=1&format=2

And for those of you who want to destroy your jack:

Mar 24, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #1,097 of 5,962
Quote:
Can you gimme a link to that store, please? 

It's Dutch only, but I think they do send it abroad.

http://www.wehkamp.nl/beeld-geluid/koptelefoons/koptelefoons/philips-fidelio-x1-00-hoofdtelefoon/C26_7F3_7F3_722407/?F=1,2,7,17&SM=2

Wehkamp is one of the biggest (if not thé biggest) online shopping website in The Netherlands.
At the moment Wehkamp offers the best price for the Fidelio X1.

Mar 24, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #1,098 of 5,962
Hah, yeah, the "Deigned for Mobile" cables at Monoprice seem a bit more useful for headphones than their usual premium models... More flexible and not as much useless rubber weight.

I'm ordering a "designed for mobile" extension when I get the Mad Dogs (gotta use the V-moda cable at the end for the slim angled plug) and I'll probably test the X1's with the same extension + V-moda combo (or just with the latter if I'm at my desk).

I'm not sure if the V-moda cables are worth the asking price in general (I just have two because of the M-80), but if you actually want an inline mic then their mic version work pretty well. Mic's decoupled from the button pod for less noise and so it's at an ideal height.

Mar 24, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #1,099 of 5,962
So,
I've decided to listen through the speaker amp and into one channel of the headphone, and later both (thus mono) but it's hissing alot. I really have to crank the volume up. What I did hear was very impressive! Connecting both channels made the sound a little less good but somehow one channel sound sounded good! I did notice a huge bass roll off. Not gently but abruptly bye bass. Maybe this is a characteristic of a T-amp. Most speakers don't go that low so for the t-amp it doesn't matter.

But, since it hisses alot I guess this project could be canceled. It's shame really. I was really hoping for something epic. I think it's actually better then the e5. 

Hmm or should I continue just for the kicks. :p

Mar 25, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #1,100 of 5,962
Quote:
If you guys want, I could place an order for a few people and send them to a certain location in the U.S.?
The X1 costs €249,- in The Netherlands (where I live). That is about $325 USD. Shipping costs is variable to total weight and size.

Note: €249,- is a sale price which lasts till thursday. The regular price is €259,- ... about $337,-

Delivery time in Holland is 1 day. I could probably get them to the U.S. next week.

Remember though that if someone from the US finds a shop from Europe shipping directly, it's an instant ~20% price reduction because VAT will be removed when exporting. So the price actually will be much cheaper when bought directly. 250€ -20% = 200€ (+ shipping of course)

Now you just have to find that shop that will ship... (or ask one of the eBay sellers). Though you probably have much better luck with some aussie stores etc..

Mar 25, 2013 at 7:33 AM Post #1,101 of 5,962
Aggressive price on Amazon.it, € 192,05
cool.gif

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #1,102 of 5,962
I fully agree that x1 is great for low level listening. For me it is a priority. That is why I sold dt880 and decided to keep x1. IMHO x1 is offers overall a better sound quality, especially in the midrange area. The supposedly overblown bass is not an issue when the volume is down, you can hear the details without turning it up.

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #1,103 of 5,962
Thanks for the link holycheese and derxen, but it seems Italy is the place to buy them from atm. I really don't need another headphone, but Tyll's review of these has infected me with a bad case of upgradetytis. :frowning2: However I probably need to sell off some gear to justify getting them.. 

Mar 25, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #1,104 of 5,962
Just buy them! You could always sell a kidney or some other organ :wink:

I wish that someday I have money there is another headphone that's cheap here and expensive in the eu. Then I could trade them for a pair of grado's. Those are extremely expensive here. 495$ in us and 849$ here... (rs2i) 

Mar 25, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #1,106 of 5,962
Quote:
Thanks for the link holycheese and derxen, but it seems Italy is the place to buy them from atm. I really don't need another headphone, but Tyll's review of these has infected me with a bad case of upgradetytis. :frowning2: However I probably need to sell off some gear to justify getting them.. 

Yes indeed ... €195,- is insanely cheap. I hope they don't mix the X1 up with the L1 :)

Mar 27, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #1,107 of 5,962
I bent the upper headband so it's now Conehead-shaped as per what Tyll did in Innerfidelity so now I'm not tempted to cut out the lower headband. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back