[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Mar 24, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #1,081 of 5,962
That mediabridge cable I happen to own. Nice cable. Used it with my SLYR headset, and it did well. It gave it a ever so slightly airier sound, at the expense of some warmth. But we're talking like 1%.

Mar 24, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #1,082 of 5,962
I wonder if removing the mesh, and using one of the Beyer headband wraps around the top piece would work. :D

Mar 24, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #1,085 of 5,962
Quote:
Anyone in Europe has a good place to get a new cable for these?
Wanted to do it from day one but i seem to have forgotten it. I'd prefer 3,5mm end since I use the O2 amp.

The v-moda cable can be had from the v-moda website for not much money. Someone else in the eu got this cable too. I think you can get it from the v-moda web page.

Edit: when I got to v-moda.com and buy the cable using paypal it's €9.60 or 12$.

Edit2: Look at what I made! :D Now the only thing left is opening these things up.

Mar 24, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #1,087 of 5,962
Mar 24, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #1,088 of 5,962
Where can you purchase these?  I don't see any site in the US having them immediately available or in-stock to ship... Amazon has them with a 4-5 week ship time.

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #1,089 of 5,962
No place in the US yet. There are online shops which take US currency but ship from China. I wouldn't do that just in case a headphone is defective. Shipping to China is costly.

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #1,090 of 5,962
I'm quite enjoying the X1 so far. Not quite up to the level of the "classic" HD600/650, DT880 and K/Q701 (which are in a similar price range) but enjoyable nonetheless. They're great for low-volume listening, too. At higher volumes the bass becomes rather overpowering and muddy though.

Quote:
Edit2: Look at what I made! :D Now the only thing left is opening these things up.

Are you trying to tell us that you've hooked up the X1 to speaker taps...?
(and if yes, is the result any good?
biggrin.gif
)

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #1,091 of 5,962
If you guys want, I could place an order for a few people and send them to a certain location in the U.S.?
The X1 costs €249,- in The Netherlands (where I live). That is about $325 USD. Shipping costs is variable to total weight and size.

Note: €249,- is a sale price which lasts till thursday. The regular price is €259,- ... about $337,-

Delivery time in Holland is 1 day. I could probably get them to the U.S. next week.

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #1,092 of 5,962
Quote:
Are you trying to tell us that you've hooked up the X1 to speaker taps...?
(and if yes, is the result any good?
biggrin.gif
)

I'm about to do that. Everything is set up, the amp with a 10 Ohm resistor and a braided cable I made. The only thing that's left is opening the X1 to see if I can somehow connect these cables.
I have figured out how to do that but i'm waiting for some more replies in another thread just in case. 
I really really wonder how it'll sound! I hope it sounds good! I currently only have an e5 driving them. (shame on me). I do have a prety high end DAC though.

Mar 24, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #1,093 of 5,962
Well I'm curious what the result will be, so please let us know when you've tried it. That's a Tripath amp if I'm not mistaken? I used to have a Topping TP41 which I didn't like at all (with speakers, that is) but then again these designs vary quite a bit...
That being said, I find that the X1 definetly benefits from some amplification. Straight out of a DAP the bass is somewhat boomy and muddy, which improves a bit when amplified. The difference isn't huge, though... but then again, excepting a few very power hungry headphones, these differences are never that great anyway.

Mar 24, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #1,094 of 5,962
Quote:
If you guys want, I could place an order for a few people and send them to a certain location in the U.S.?
The X1 costs €249,- in The Netherlands (where I live). That is about $325 USD. Shipping costs is variable to total weight and size.

Note: €249,- is a sale price which lasts till thursday. The regular price is €259,- ... about $337,-

Delivery time in Holland is 1 day. I could probably get them to the U.S. next week.

Can you gimme a link to that store, please? 

Mar 24, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #1,095 of 5,962
Quote:
Can you gimme a link to that store, please? 

This is probably the store he is talking about. http://www.wehkamp.nl/sport-vrije-tijd/casual-sport-sneakers/ipod-mp3/philips-fidelio-x1-00-hoofdtelefoon/C24_DIE_DJB_722407/?BC=PLT&cm_mmc_o=ayzpwpBA_kwyCjCGEfwTyzkCjCzkTwFwwECjC5yBpAgfuwwp
It's a trustworthy shop. I haven't ordered mine from there. Mine were from bol.com, the price there is 259 now. Damn I feel so lucky that I got them for 189 euros!

Quote:
Well I'm curious what the result will be, so please let us know when you've tried it. That's a Tripath amp if I'm not mistaken? I used to have a Topping TP41 which I didn't like at all (with speakers, that is) but then again these designs vary quite a bit...
That being said, I find that the X1 definetly benefits from some amplification. Straight out of a DAP the bass is somewhat boomy and muddy, which improves a bit when amplified. The difference isn't huge, though... but then again, excepting a few very power hungry headphones, these differences are never that great anyway.

I will let you know!
Idk if this is a good amp but i guess it'll be better then a fiio e5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back