[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Aug 16, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #17 of 5,962
Quote:
Of course I did 
biggrin.gif

Well, have anything to say about it? 
tongue.gif

Or was it too brief/noisy to tell anything useful?

Aug 16, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #18 of 5,962
Quote:

Well, have anything to say about it? 
tongue.gif

Or was it too brief/noisy to tell anything useful?

Well my initial impression of them were very good because it sounded really clear, good sound stage and bass performance.

But I only got 15 mins with them so it's not really saying much...

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #19 of 5,962
Quote:
Well my initial impression of them were very good because it sounded really clear, good sound stage and bass performance.

so they are not dark and warmish like the L1? well thats nice to know.. and they look very comfortable.

Aug 17, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #26 of 5,962
Quote:

Considering the condition of the venue, 15 minutes is quite a lot considering. Did you take notes of your impressions? It would come in handy later if you chance upon it again.

Enamoured with the design though. If all the reviews on the L1 (warm/dark laid back, not my kind of sound signature) then hopefully the X1 will be more brighter than that.

Aug 17, 2012 at 3:00 AM Post #27 of 5,962
Quote:
These look very interesting. Hopefully they'll get US distribution outside the Apple online store. Have the L1s shown up in any of the physical stores yet?

Most definitely, especially since they put a big pile of "tax" on top of it.

Last time I checked the L1s haven't showed up anywhere else online at least.

Aug 17, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #28 of 5,962
Quote:
Considering the condition of the venue, 15 minutes is quite a lot considering. Did you take notes of your impressions? It would come in handy later if you chance upon it again.

Enamoured with the design though. If all the reviews on the L1 (warm/dark laid back, not my kind of sound signature) then hopefully the X1 will be more brighter than that.

no, I didn't take notes of them.
But I didn't them dark at all.

Aug 17, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #30 of 5,962
Well, I won't need the X1, but I hope the will not sound like the L1... except for the bass.

But looking at their construction, I think they'll sound totally different compared to the L1.

Can't imagine how exactly, right now. Maybe something between AD900, MA900, DT880, K701, HD650, SRH1840, LCD2 and HD800...
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back